Wednesday, December 16, 2015

About to lose it

 Well, I thought about just posting a title and nothing else bc that is how I feel tonight. I am about to lose it and it is simply over the shopping aspect of Christmas. I despise it so much. Next year I have to find a better solution bc this is sucking the life out of me.  But I digress.  The best part of our day was going nowhere til 3pm.  Yay for that!  I had tons to do, but did not want to leave the house to do it. I needed a day at home...Lo needed it too.  Anyway...these pics are totally out of order, but I could care less.  I love this pic above...I took it at soccer/silks tonight. He would not leave my side and had to hold my hand. He was tired...and he loves his mama :)  Cannot believe in less than 2 weeks he will be 3. (sad mama :()
 Shelb tried out the aerial silks tonight. She was pretty good!  Pretty blue butterfly!
 She got to do lots of different things since she had a class by herself.
 Poor Ash...she was going to do the silks tonight, but we thought it only fair to let Shelby do it on her night off from violin. Ash was bummed to say the least.  But we gotta keep things even amongst the Steg kids! They keep track!
 lol!  Love the compromising positions in this "sport" :)
 hee hee :)
 hahahahaha :)
 spinning...she was really good at this!
 Like a butterfly in a cacoon :)  Cool!
 Epic fail for my snowman craft...but I have a backup plan...phew....
 Lo helped me make grasshopper pie for the staff lunch tomorrow.  He realized he loves mint cookies!
 We raced cars...he won every time!
 We counted trees...9 every time (fyi...his fav number!)
Practicing for our oral report tomorrow on the project.  Yes, she is always this dramatic. :)

I hope this "losing it" feeling passes...I really don't like not liking this time of year. Sigh

3 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kelly -- I think you need a lecture from me in regards to what you are putting on your to do list for Christmas. But I know you don't need to hear it so I'll save it for another day. I will say what we did this year:

1. We eliminated "extra" people from our gift list this year (we decided we are no longer doing our brothers and sisters).
2. We post-poned Huisman gifts to January so as to give ourselves more time.
3. I bought nearly everything online and tried to have most of them bought by Thanksgiving.
4. We decided to only do one "Christmas" party and that was a party for me to go to on a night that JB was home.
5. The Kits wanted to come for Christmas but I told Grama K. that she'd have to be in charge of it ALL because I am "out" and not up for it this year.

Anyways, it has ended up in a very laid back time right now at our house .... I'm not sure if you could do anything like these ideas but just some thoughts!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Those are awesome ideas, Wen. Thank you. We are seriously making changes next year. I cannot keep up this pace. It takes the joy out of the holidays for me. I am pooped out! I also know I need to lower expectations and also lower the to-do-list. Believe it or not I am doing this...but it's not enough. It's a slow process for me. Keep preaching at me...I really do listen :)

Wendi said...

I'll keep preaching! Don't you worry!!!