Sunday, February 28, 2016

A day of rest (sorta)

 Well, we decided to take the whole day off.  Not even change out of pj's...not even venture out to church. It was not due to laziness...but mostly because we have been sick for weeks and we needed a physical break.  Sometimes it's ok to do that.  We attempted to sleep in, but sleep hasn't been our friend this year so far.  So instead we made a yummy bfast.  One of our favs---sour cream coffee cake.  It is D's fav.  He begged for it last week along with his super starchy sleepover bfast...but I had to draw the line. So today he was one happy camper!
 LOL...this kid is crazy.  Trying out the 'mello gun!  Good idea wearing the glasses...safety first!
 She is working much harder on violin these days. Two more months to prove to us she should re-enroll in IU.  She is proving this to her teacher too who is asking her to record her time.
 My frustration of the day...GS Cookie stuff.  I am about over it!  I was over it before it started.  Kev tried to help, but even he was frustrated. There has got to be a better way!  Bye bye to being cookie mom!
 Making a special dessert for tonight...
 Writing thank yous....she didn't complain.
He did. He cried actually at one point bc he was so tired and his hand was hurt.  Granted, he had double the amount to write than Shelb...but he just hates writing (like his dad).  I don't make the kids write thank yous often.  I know it's old school, but we do it for bday parties. It's part of etiquette that I try to teach them.  Kids need to know how to address envelopes, where to put stamps and how to truly thank someone for something.  I want to instill this in them. But for D it was torture (as pictured).  Poor kid.  He worked on them all day...finally tonight they were done!

I have more pics to post, but they are not downloading...so that is my cue to go to bed.  I am tired. I slept last night away with my 3 year old and prefer not to do that again tonight.  zzzzzzzz

Ok...I got the pics to download...finally....a few more pics of the day.  Making our special nice dinner. We rarely have nice dinners bc we rarely eat a normal meal together.  I knew we'd be home tonight so I planned a nice meal.  Kev was happy...it was his fav. stuff. Shelb was happy too (though you wouldn't know by the face :))...she was worried she was going to cut her hand peeling potatoes. 
Yummers!  Our late-V-day-bye-bye February fancy meal!  Kev loves a good steak...and good ol' mashed taters and green beans!  And the last of our Nina FL rolls!  Plus some sparkling bubbly and pink strawberry milk.  The girls made place settings out of marshmallows and heart toothpicks.  I failed to put fungus on my steak, but Kev had his smothered! 
Our happy gang!  I think almost everyone complained about the meal tonight. Such incentive to make nice emails, huh?!  They get a little too used to hot dogs and pizza (their favs)
lol...we did make a joke that the meat was as red as a Valentine heart :)  It was mooooooing at us!  Unnerving to this mama who likes her meat very dead!
We did have some laughs over our fancy/failure meal :)
The dessert was good!  Mini heart ice cream sandwiches and four different homemade cheesecakes...oreo, thin mint and strawberry (heart-shaped) and plain...yumm!
I think Shelb ate half of the cheese cakes :)
Hayeeee called during dessert!  We love our Hayeeee....but all Loggy wanted to do was run with her and drop her and then pick his nose in front of her and eat it :)
Wii!  Soooo excited daddy hooked this up last weekend!  It is incentive to get chores done!
Almost forgot to make our Happy Bday, Dr. Seuss treats for tomorrow for the firsties!  One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  I didn't come up with the idea, but I have seen it on the internet.  Our teacher had the week all planned out.  Gotta love a planner!  Cute and yummy!

No comments: