Friday, March 4, 2016

I was one cool 16-year-old!

Well, check out this Sweet Sixteen year old, hottie! lol!  I only vaguely remember this bday...but I will never forget my Glamour Shots experience thanks to these mugshots! :) haha  Does anyone else remember this place? They would make you up like a movie star (or in my case a cowgirl? They must have known I'd marry a cowboy at heart :))  And then you get to pick out outfits, etc and they take your pics....yikes. I guess that was the cool thing to do at 16?!
I think I went with my Aunt Sue?  And did Sulu go too?  I have no recollection.  And maybe we went out to dinner?  I really have no idea at all.  But I was one cool Sweet-Sixteener.  I am quite sure that a girl living in NYC on her 16th bday cannot live up to mugshots taken at the Sawgrass Mall :) hee hee
And apparently I thought I was getting a nice candy apple red car for my bday. Little did I know the Silver Speeder was on it's way into my heart! :)
                                                 

5 comments:

Nancy Gritter said...

hahahahaha!!!! I didnt recall ALL those pics being taken!! I only have one of you in a white dress and BIG earrings! The place was in the Coral Square mall down on the east end...you went with Sue and Sulu and me and YOU! Our friend Luanne said you looked like a 2 bit hussy! lol! But we took you out afterwards to the Outback Steakhouse( with Pops and Grandma and Grandpa Fergie) right next to the mall..we had a nice dinner and I hated the way all the men in the place were looking at YOU!! Not at my little girl!! Yep, the silver speeder came shortly after that!! MUCH BETTER than any old red car!! right?! That car had character! Good times for an old cowgirl, wouldnt ya say!? xo Mom

Sulu said...

This is too funny!! I loved seeing these old pictures! I also did Glamour Shots- I will look for my pictures... But I don't remember us going together?! I do, however, remember the sweet sixteen birthday dinner at Outback with the whole family... I felt so special to be a part of it! And, oh, the Silver Speeder... Such fun days... I had such a great time with all the Gritters... You all just included me as another member of the family... Love to all! And I will try to dig up my old pics as well! :-)

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Oh, yes, Coral Ridge...how could I forget that fancy mall! :) I totally don't remember all those details, but I am so glad my best bud, Sulu, was there with me. I think her pics were better than mine...she pulled off the feathered hair better than me for sure! :) We were hot mamas then and now :) hee hee. I loved the Glamour Shot experience, but I can just see Hailey rolling her eyes thinking that was cool at 16. She is much cooler than I ever was! Though I did get cooler once I had the Silver Speeder, which made an awesome birthday mobile and transportation for many! Good times!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I never did it but I remember your pictures!!!!

Nancy Gritter said...

Kelly, Sulu, Now that I think of it, I dont recall YOU Susie, being there for the Glamour Shots? I think it was just my sister Sue and Kelly?? And then YOU came to dinner with us after Sulu! We loved having you with us Sulu and you and Kel made us laugh alot...funny girls you two were!! Goofballs for sure!! haha :)Such good times back in those high school days! Mama Gritz..