Wednesday, March 16, 2016

This is what we were doing 16 years ago....just waiting...


This is what we were doing on this day 16 years ago...looks pretty exciting, huh?!  I don't remember the 16th of March at all.  It was a blur of trying to get my induction to work.  At one point I was in so much pain and I was only like 1cm (Pitocin stinks!)...they gave me an oral pain med that made me puke and go to sleep.  When I woke up the pain was worse.  What was I thinking trying to do things all natural (Thanks, Lamaze class!)...anyway...after that I gave in and had an epidural. Had I not, I know I would have had a c-section. I could not relax enough and was making no progress! Anyway...we were well supported by grandparents (who were trying to help us come up with baby names, from what I remember :))...and Pops came later and surprised us!  If you look past the loooong labor and delivery, it was a very joyous occasion....as much as I am sad how fast 16 years have gone by, I would not want to go back and relive this day :)  I am happy with the present time (though I miss that "baby" of mine!) :) Happy last day of being 15, Hays!

1 comment:

Nancy Gritter said...

I remember it like it was yesterday! We were all exhausted! But you especially!! ( obviously!) those hours after Hailey was born were so precious,; she was exhausted too! I remember her first bath and all the hair!!! Wow! It was a day none of us will ever forget! So much JOY! :) Mom