Friday, April 29, 2016

Feeling blah

 Well, this week is almost done.  Good.  I try to be optimistic at the beginning of each day, but sometimes at the end, I just have to throw up my hands in despair :)  It was not necessarily a bad day, it was just a blah day....to go along with a blah week. I think post-vacation days are like that.  I know this from many past post-vacation-blah-days.  Anyway....our morning starting out ok.  We were in the Friday groove. We were going to meet our friend for coffee/hot choc....but she ended up having to cancel...we did end up meeting for about 10mins to say "hi" and do the fastest catch-up ever (and get our yummy hot choc!), but then we headed home.  The funny thing is that I have had every single get-together planned lately end in cancellation...either by me or my friends.  No joke. I think I have had a dozen get togethers planned this month and not one has panned out.  I think this is God trying to tell me to just stay home! :)  So, home we went....Lo drank my entire hot-choc.  He looks like a hot-chocolate-chipmunk doesn't he?!
 We did a little shopping and ran some girl scout errands and the SB helped him get through all that...
 On a little SB high :) hee hee :)
 I had no intentions of nap today and Lo really was persistent in staying awake, but he finally gave in.  Good boy :)
 After school is where I just wore down.  Going shopping with 4 kids is no fun.  And shopping for glasses is less fun.  But Shelby desperately wanted her glasses two days ago...so we had to go tonight before her picnic.  She knew just what she wanted....
 black-rimmed...don't they scream "Urkle"?  She wanted these pair badly...but I knew they were too big...they were even big on me.  And of course they were more than our insurance covered being Ray Bans.  We finally nixed them thanks to daddy's advice via text.
 Pair number two...still too big.
 Pair 3 and 4 (and one photobomber sister :))  Can you tell Shelby was getting annoyed with me shooting all her glasses ideas down...mostly I was trying to keep her in budget.
 This is what we ended up with. I think they are cute.  Not what I would picture being in style now, but I probably have no clue on current style anyway.  And yes that is my gang in the background getting rowdy...
...things got worse at the bakery where we ordered our bday cookie cake for school...and then reordered it bc we changed our mind.  And the boys were raising a ruckus.  I was losing patience. The poor bakery lady whispered to me "good luck". She could tell I needed it.  And she muttered she never takes her two kids anywhere. I told her I rarely take all 4 out and this is why.....but they did pull it together to help me do the self check-out.  Of course, they argued about who got to do what...
Finally peace....in the van with only Shelby after her core group picnic at the park.  Her scotcheroos were a hit and she was happy she got to drink a can of Sprite. 

Glad it's the weekend...just wish I was in FL on the beach....

No comments: