Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A lovely summer Wednesday

 Well, it's amazing to me how many pics I can take of a mundane day. :) But honestly...mundane days are my fav.  I like doing nothing special.  It's what summer is all about!  Here is our earlier than early morning.  Shelb had to get up super early to make bfast for her core group.  She had volunteered and was excited to bake. She loves it and the core group loves her food!  She had wanted to make it last night, but we ran out of time after violin.  So up early, we were!  She was only slightly grumpy. I cannot blame her. Mornings are not my thing either.
 While I was watching the oven...I saw our bunny...back to say "hi"!
 All ready to go.  Sour cream coffee cake and strawberries.  Yumm! I was bummed we lost our coffee cake recipe...but this Taste of Home recipe was still ok.  The girls in the group loved it!
 Writing to someone very special on the east coast.  And check out what hand he is using in her honor :)
 I decided to just take some candids today.  Here's a few while Shelb was at church group.  Playing blocks.  A fav. pastime.
 Playing DS.  He finished his reading program today so this was well-earned.
 Waiting for Shelb to finish playing spoons at core group.  Lo found foosball...fun!
 Look what I found at B&N...I haven't read this book, but heard it is so cute and so very Boston.  Love it.  I need to check it out from the library.  Love the ducks and the swan boats!  I will post pics soon, I promise!
 Playing at the train table at Barnes and Noble.  D was so sweet playing with him.
 These three finished the reading program here.  But they had sold out of the book D wanted, of course.  The B&N guy was so sweet though and he ordered it for Dylan.  He'll get it next week.  The girls were excited about their books...Chomp for Shelb and AG Lea for Ash!
 Surprise! Someone is excited about going to see Joshua Bell next week!  I couldn't not take her...cheap students tickets...who can see J. Bell play for $5!?
 Love how sometimes the sibs are so sweet together. Have to capture the sweet moments bc sometimes I feel they fight too much.
 He had finished his reading program a week ago, but he had to bring in his reading log anyway and color it.
 He might look stoic, but he was very excited about finishing his log and finding a free Pokemon book to take home.
 He can't resist playing with these even though we only had 5 mins to play.
 Ash was thrilled to find this book at the library. She wanted to get it at B&N for free, but I talked her into the Lea book.  And poor Shelb finished her reading program, but apparently you can't get the free book til Friday.  Go figure.
 A picnic in the living room. It was actually gorgeous out today...75!  But the kids loved this idea.  Shelb said, "it's like being outside without the bugs!" Amen to that!  Plus they got to watch a movie which we all know the Steg kids love!
 Dishes girl. She didn't complain at all. The chores are getting more routine!
 The laundry mountain grew a Shelby head! 
 Lo had issues today.  He was mean and grumpy.  He was calling everyone "stupid". He had lots of apologies to make.
 It took about an hour for mommy to figure out how to put up the net, but we finally played badmitten!  Lo was my teammate.  He wasn't all that bad!
 Shelb joined us after violin practice.  She was quite boastful about her skills, but I am not sure why...she is serving and the birdie is still in her hand?!
 FYI: She talks a lot....even at dinner.
 Since potty training was an easy thing, we are moving on to summer goal #2...eating better.  We are putting everything on his plate. He is not a fan, but he tolerated it today.
 Daddy took Shelb to violin tonight.  I took the others on a walk and to the neighborhood playground. There was a sweet little boy there who just wanted to play with our kids.  Dylan is truly the best kiddo. He asked that little boy to play with him and Logan. It was very cute.  Little kids look up to him. He is a good example.  I love to see that.
 All Lo wanted to do was walk this by himself. 
 Walking home.  Someone read the whole time. The boys fought about who could be in front of the other.
 Seriously...how does one do this?  I can barely text and walk.
 Awww, so sweet :)  There were lots of moments of sweetness today.
 Showing me what she learned tonight. 
One last moment of sweetness. I love summer family togetherness :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, love the pics of your day!!!! Miss them and can't stand it that I am missing J. Bell !!!!!!!! I loved him so much last time! ��Nina