Friday, July 29, 2016

Ready for beach, sun and fun...and bye bye Boston!

Well, that time has come...time for our last summer hurrah down south with our awesome Gritz fam!  Tomorrow (in 5 hours to be exact) we head to the land of fun and sun and beaches in Port St. Joe, FL.  Cannot wait to be have some lazy beach days with the fam.
 I'll be honest...midday I was not sure we were gonna fit all this stuff in our vehicle (which is actually Kev's parent's vehicle...they are lending us their fancy Steg-mobile with DVD players and all the extra bells and whistles).  We will be traveling in style this time!  But, boy oh boy was this a different packing system this time.  Never had we had to plan out all our meals and have all our food.  But apparently the nearest store is like an hour away?  Or at least it's not close. We almost had to just leave the kids home to fit all this stuff!  And I am not sure we can fit Hailey on the way home! haha :)
 And my heart broke a little today to not see my girl in her final day at Boston Ballet. She was in two in-class performances and I hated to miss them.  But she had someone take some pics...so here's a couple. I hope I can at least see a video of dress rehearsal since no one was able to tape today.  I miss seeing her dance. A part of me was pretty down today having to go about my normal life and not be there in Boston watching her.  It's the first time we have never picked her up from an intensive too.  She flies out early tomorrow to Miami and then Tallahassee, where my parents will pick her up on the way to the panhandle.  Lucky them!  Though I think she might be sitting on their roof...they are pretty packed in their vehicle too!
But I am so proud of our oldest girl and all her hard work at Boston. I think it was an awesome experience for her.  Here's her with two of her classmates from Boston and SAB (one on the left was her roommate years ago for summer and the one on her right is her current roomie)


I think we can all agree, she (and all of us) now deserve a vacation!  FL, here we come!

No comments: