Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Not loving our new normal...

I think 5 kids is catching up with us.  It never seemed super hard before.  I am to this weird point where I cannot keep anything straight. I know I eluded to it yesterday, but it is just getting worse.  I need some down time in my days (which I at least had a little of last year). I fear, this whole year is going to be like this. I hope things settle down a bit once Hailey is back in her routine in NYC and we get in our groove. Because this is not fun.  I feel the joy is sucked out of all of us. I am sitting here while my 11 year old still works on hw.  We are all tired.  I have a lot more to write, but too tired...

Instead here are a few pics...both my iphones are full with pics so this will prob. be my last day of pics for the next week since I can't even take anymore.

 The day started off great...van would not start.  It could not be charged. We had to have a towing service come out.  Apparently he had better chargers or something bc he got it working.  Nice way to start the morning. Only silver lining is Kev happened to be home so I could use his Yukon and no kids were late to school.  This was a God-thing.  Also, we just renewed our AAA so towing service call was free.
 Cutest thing ever is watching a little boy color his Awana homework and work so hard on learning his memory verse.  He has started praying this week too and it is the most adorable thing. I need to tape it and post it.  Melts my heart. He is not one to usually sit and color, but check out how detailed and in-the-lines his Cubbie Bear is!
 YAY for Class 101!  Kev's awesome aunt and uncle are in charge of this place here in Bloomy. If you ever need helping getting into college or increase your ACT/SAT test scores...they are the ones to go to!  They are helping Hailey even though she is in a unique position.  She can even skype in and do the prep courses from NYC.  Junior year is her big year...and she has to do double work bc of ballet...this means she has a normal list of colleges to attend and then a list if ballet works out too and she wants to take classes at the same time or defer.  Crazy.  Life used to be so simple with college apps.
 Lo saved the day. Not every day a 3 year old can help a lady who locked her keys in the car at Kroger...but her window was cracked open enough so he could get his arm in, but only he could...no adult. She was so grateful. He said his arm hurt after :)
 Chillin' at Class 101...on the Big Joe chair...if only we had more room to store these, I'd get some for our kids!
 TB test at the docs...SAB has not called me back about this so we just decided to get it.  Don't want her not being allowed in the residence hall on Monday.
 Postcards!  They started arriving today for D's USA postcard race!  He was thrilled!  Thanks to all who are sending them!!
 Awww...working so hard coloring Jesus and the cross that he fell asleep.  :)
 YAY for Alaska!  We have family there and they were the first ones to send him a postcard!  He was soooo excited!
 Funny ones from FL and Nina and Pops! :)
 Bonus...3 postcards...we can't get enough of FL! 
 YAY...for Alaska and FL...on two opposite sides of the USA!
Everyone needs a cappuccino after XC practice!  We make our own in the Steg house...did you know?
 Off once again on her own driving around town...to meet friends for dinner downtown.  She had to skip ballet, but she is having a hard time fitting in seeing everyone otherwise.
 Violin night!  Go, Shelb!
Where we are now (registering for SAT in NYC and doing lots of HW)...ugh...and since I forgot to post this before midnight this is now a day late. Oh well. Goes along with the day.

And my sweet Lo starts a new preschool in a week and a half.  He was will be one tired boy bc he will go from one preschool to the next on Monday and Wednesday. Not ideal, but all we could do.  And he might even take a bus home.  Is it crazy to let a 3 year old take a bus home?  Please don't answer that bc we might do it. That is how crazy our new normal is.  Not my fav.  Sigh.

No comments: