Friday, September 30, 2016

The life of our New Yorker

Well, our New Yorker has been back in her home away from home for almost a month.  And I have barely talked about her...or seen any pics from her.  She has sent me one pic in the month she's been gone...not cool!  But I'll forgive her, since I know she has been super busy.  I think she's settled back in nicely in her Manhattan high rise.  Ballet classes seem to be going well.  I would imagine C2 classes are challenging and we all know our ballerina likes a challenge, so that seems to be going well. School, on the otherhand has been a hot mess.  She is only taking one class at PPAS (her NYC public performing arts school)--AP Bio...and one class at SAB (Humanities). She was sadly not able to get into the AP US History class she wanted and was already studying for (50 on a waiting list...doesn't that say they  need to offer another class of two of this?)...and then they don't offer Physics...only Forensics.  Not helpful to our girl who wants to major in physical therapy or something like that.  Soooo...after weeks of issues, needing transcripts, special permission and paperwork, we finally got her registered at Keystone online school for Pre-Calc and Physics.  For a pretty penny I might add too.  Crud. More money down the drains.  But I guess for a good cause.  Anyway...so school is a disappointment, but since ballet is going well, I am overlooking it a bit.  And right now she is busy rehearsing fall choreographic.  Her friend, Max, choreographed a piece and she and a few girls are in it.  Very fun.  But she has been super busy...late night rehearsals.  And tonight she is at the ballet again.  2nd one of the season. She missed out on going to the fall gala since she was rehearsing while they were giving out free tix.  But tis the life of a busy rehearsing ballerina :)  And beyond that she has also taken on a couple ballet jobs. She is helping Ms. Killian (along with another friend) teach younger SAB classes.  And she is also going to be working the SAB desk. And she's been doing Nutcracker auditions too.  Earning money. Good for her!  So, that is her life right now. 
And here's a couple pics from our drop-off earlier this month.  Hard to believe this month is over!
LOL! Love this pic.  Shows you that she has officially become a true New Yorker...standing amongst the high rises...taxis going by...on her cell, with not a worry in the world about anything going on around her :)
Also typical New Yorker pose...ignoring mom...waiting for someone to carry all her bags :)
And this is what I got when I asked for a ballet pose by the fountain this time.  Well, if she's gonna do this, then I am gonna post it!  What a talented ballerina we have!
The only pic she's sent me...of her getting a NY Public Library card...I guess she needed this to participate in National History Day as part of her Humanities class.  She is moving up in the world!
Wonder of wonders...she sent me a pic tonight at 11pm just as I was complaining. She's the best New Yorker ever! :)

No comments: