Monday, October 10, 2016

A very wet/cold NYC day but good times with our girl!

Oops, just realized it's after midnight and I forgot to post. Will add to this later. Had a great day with our fav New Yorker!  Now in PA and ready to catch some zzzzz's!
-We did make it thru the wettest, windiest NYC day we've ever had. I can safely say I've never been that cold. I shivered so much that my whole body hurt. It was no fun.  And why might you ask were we in the tropical storm rain and wind...well, to watch a tugboat race of course!  It's an annual event in NYC. And we watched 8 tugs race down the Hudson.  Pretty cool, but definitely not ideal weather.  Kev loved it though.  He loves his tugboats!  The best part of the day for me (besides being warm and dry!) was getting tickets to see NYCB.  Love!!!  I thought their nutcracker was good but this triple  show was amazing.  A real treat to do this with my girl.  It's a bonus that she gets cheap tickets and great seats!  And then we also got to go to her church (Redeemer). Loved it. Plus we had a couple good meals and treats in between. The damper of a day turned out to be ok!  Sad to leave our girl. It was wonderful seeing her in October for once!

No comments: