Thursday, October 13, 2016

Our Thursday--

I'm so tired, I can't even think of anything creative to say.
I will say that I am not an educator, but I am coming really close to thinking I might be better at educating my kids than the choices they have now.  Not bashing anyone...it mostly a bashing of the system and the lack of books out there (kids are using all online info now)...and while I do not mind helping my kiddos with homework (in fact, I sorta like it), but I do not like doing so at midnight.  That is valuable sleeptime for all.
Anyway...here's a quick rundown...

 post cards...still getting 'em.  He loves it!
 Cheese and chips...still eating 'em.  Loggy and I love our cheese!
 He told me today he is better at coloring than me...and he showed me all the spots I missed on my artwork...then told me that daddy taught him.  I guess I am not the artist in the family. Sigh.
 Crying over spilled milk...enough said.  His new thing is getting his own choc. milk. I did not ever ok this (maybe this started on Nina and Poppy's watch), but he cannot help himself.  It's a good thing our floor is chocolate brown!
 I got my first paycheck yesterday...did I tell you I am a sub at preschool?  I am not doing it consistently, but it's fun actually :)
 Lunch with D and pals...always crazy
 He was the lunchbox carrier guy...an honor I guess.
 Leaves are changing finally...had to take pics...he was not thrilled...and he let me know...
 He's a stubborn kid
 Smiles can't help but spill out :)
 A pic for his Hayeee...and Poppy....:)
 Started ice-skating (taking a break from gymnastics).  Apparently it was not the first day though...it was eval day. Oh well. It was a free skate day and she hasn't skated since my bday in Central Park. So she needed a little practice :)
 Nervous at first...
 but she did fine!
 She loved it!
 Talking through the window at me :)
She found a friend...she is the friendliest kid I know! Miss Chatty-pants :)
                                     A nice instructor helped her and her new friend :)
Off to Girl Scouts...I even ironed on her sash stuff today. She is official :)

First time back at core group for awhile. She has had to skip almost all meetings due to cross country or violin. She got to hold her leader's new baby...so sweet :)
You might think I am just showing off my big pile of clean laundry (which is a lovely sight)...but...it was breathing!
LOL!
And this is where we are now....so frustrated with school lately....all of us are....Ash has been the only one without frustration, but sometimes I wonder if she is just bored...

No comments: