Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Less Blue-y

 Quick post...tired.  The morning was quite blue again for me, but the sun came out, my hubby worked from home and I am less blue-y now.  Phew.  Rainbows after rainy blue days are good.  Here are a few pics of the day.  Loggy helped me with Shelby's cupcake cake.  Well, I thought he was helping...
 He was really just there for the free fondant.
 But he did end up helping me with the fondant sprinkles. I have done a half dozen of these cupcake cakes (so glad I have the cake pan for it!)...but this one gave me a run for my money.  Our milk chocolate base cracked twice and the white chocolate writing had to be redone three times.  Plus my mental state was just not up for doing a cake, even a simple one. I was grateful Shelb wanted this one.  Apparently no one has made a Cupcake Wars cake...no ideas on the web.  So we copied the logo.  I wasn't happy with the fushia I made and of course could not find pre-made sprinkles so had to make my own.  Thankful Lo helped me make them with straws! He ate a few in the process as payment :)
 Done!
 I tried to get creative with photography.  haha. Why not.  Shelb made the banner so wanted to show it off.
 Simple, but really a pain...working with chocolate isn't easy...and spraying it gold is also not as easy at is looks.  I still feel like I should make a confetti canon like on the logo...but doubt I'll have time.
 Off to a special GS meeting tonight...
Looks almost like the white house, but it's an IU sorority.  Sorta the same?!  haha   Ash had fun with the sorority girls making snowmen out of food...and her fav. part was getting a tour of their building. I have never done that myself, so she is one lucky girl!  If anyone is our fam. would become a sorority girl, it would be Ash.
 Vivaldi time!  It is sounding great!  Nina can hear it tomorrow!  YAY!
 Someone was making popcorn garland while at violin...utilizing time well since she forgot her reading homework.
 D had cub scouts tonight, but daddy didn't take a pic of the carnival he was was a part of. I know he won a mint kit kat...he was happy about that!  Anyway...here he is on Saturday...holding what I thought was a cool Charlie Brown tree at the tree farm.  I love it...he did not, obviously.
And this city girl had a busy day....first her first SAT results.  She got 1290. I thought that was pretty good for her first one. But this is coming from a girl who only got like 1050.  She's way smarter than me.  Those SAT classes paid off.  She improved from her PSAT last year...but not sure they are the same.  She takes her next test Saturday.  And she got the news that she will be performing in Scenes de Ballet with NYCB.  Her and about 60 kids from SAB--10 from her class--a lot of kids, but still fun to perform in the Koch theater (in January) even if only for less than a minute. I'm excited for her.

That is our day...sorta laid back...and grateful for a hubby who was willing to stay home and be my company.  Also grateful for friends and family who were praying for me and for my friend, Cil, who sent me an uplifting text this morn. So grateful for wonderful people surrounding me. 

No comments: