Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bye bye Florida! :(

Well, we just crossed over the border to Georgia. Kinda sad that our almost-2-week stay in the sunshine state is over.  A wonderful holiday season spent there, along with 2 bdays, great family times and countless memories. Always sad leaving that and getting back to reality. And what's worse for me is the thought of no sunshine for a couple months. I have realized how much I need that warmth shining down on me.  But instead I do get to look forward to 5 inches of snow and 10 degrees.  Oh joy.  But all that aside, we had a great day being reunited with some of our best friends from bloomy who moved to Orlando area this summer. It was good for Kim and I to chat a bit. I think we are both in similar places in our lives and it's good to be reassured by a friend who is in the same lifeboat.  And it was great for Shelby to hang with her old bud, Cami.  They have an awesome new condo with a gorgeous pool.  The kids loved playing in it.  It was a lovely way to break up our long drive home. I have tried to sleep most of the drive today after many lost hours of rest in Florida.  But my body must know it's going back to cold country bc I've had headaches all day.  But like it or not all good things must come to an end and tomorrow we will be home.  Special thanks to Nina and Pops for a wonderful almost-2-week visit--the longest we've ever been to FLL!  They were awesome to put up with us for so long!  Hope they are getting much deserved r&r in the Keys!

No comments: