Saturday, January 28, 2017

Leaving our New York girl :(

Well, I feel a huge letdown every time we say goodbye to our fav New Yorker. Today was no exception.  The good news is we were able to spend a few hours with her before we departed.  We took her out to a delicious lunch at one of her fav diners. It was the only meal I ate all day and it was that filling. Yummy diner sandwiches and big ol milkshakes.  Hit the spot. Then we walked around Central Park searching for winter jam.  Kev wanted to see snowboarding and stuff. Poor hays. She was in no mood to walk around and stay out in the cold without proper attire. But she amused us. Though I think she muttered at one point that we were wasting her time. If she only knew that one of our goals in life is to waste her time! :) haha But as much as she probably hated being out of her warm dorm room, we enjoyed our few moments with her. We now won't see her for 2.5 months and  by that time she'll be 17. I get sad thinking about how much I am missing of her life. But at the same time I know she's happy and where God wants her. A mama's heart has to be at peace with that. So we hit the road sorta late tonight after getting the kids some NYC gifts and some D bday stuff. And now we're chilling in a big PA hotel room. So very grateful to Kev's parents for helping make this trip happen and helping with our kiddos.  It was a blessing to be able to see our girl dance on a big stage again!  Oh and in other news Shelby received a gold medal for her ISSMA solo!  So proud of her!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Gritter said...

Awww, it must be so hard to leave your girl! I feel for you Mama ! But what a fabulous whirlwind weekend! So exciting to see your beautiful oldest daughter fulfilling her dreams.....who would have thought when she was dressed as an angel in the IU Nutcracker, she would be on the Koch stage dancing alongside NYCB! I feel like I need to pinch myself and see if this is a dream!

Way to go Shelby! A Gold medal! Wow! I am so very proud of all your hard workandcyou amazing talent! ❤😁 Love ya! Mom/Nina