Thursday, April 13, 2017

A slower busier day

Does that title even make sense?  I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm saying lately.

But what I guess I mean is that if the week allowed for any slowness this was the day. Both Hailey and I slept in a little. I think we both needed it. Bless Kev for being on lunch packing duty.  I tried to get organized in my head as far as Easter is concerned, but it was a big fail.  I think this will be the simplest Easter ever. Maybe that's a good thing. No special food, no special egg hunts. I'm just too tired this year.  I think it has to be ok to just lessen the load.

Anyway, I sat with Loggy for an hour this morn then our busy day began.  Back to the peds office for ballet paperwork, then Hailey had lunch with a friend, then off to class 101 for college prep with aunt Kim.  Then to IU for a talk on the college of arts and sciences.  Them to pick up Ash and Neva from school, then Shelb from academic super bowl, then to track, then to both ballets (with ice cream in between!), then back to both ballets and track.  I've been wondering why I go thru so much gas in a week. I think it's obvious now.  And finally home for chili at almost 8pm.  I was grateful I put it in the crockpot in the morn.  It was an 80 degree day and not chili weather but it hit the spot (except for ash who went to bed hungry). Then Kev and I hit the stores looking for Easter attire. No such luck. And of course it's the ever popular 11pm to midnight bedtime now. I sometimes wonder how long we can continue at this rate. I am counting down the days til summer.

Someone should have warned me to save my energy when I was younger. I need more of it now!


No comments: