Sunday, April 23, 2017

Our Marvelous Musician!

 A post all her own today...because...well, she's awesome! And she did AWESOME today on her Vivaldi III!  So very, very proud of how she played with conviction and confidence!  It was a performance I will not soon forget.  She is definitely our marvelous musician!  Here's a few pics of just her today....we had a lot more going on, but I will post that tomorrow.  My fav. part of today was listening to my girl.  We took a few pics outside the music building before the big performance.  It was a gorgeous day.  Not often do I say that about Indiana :)
 So pretty.  I wish Hailey could have been here for the solo.  Had Shelb not gotten sick a couple weeks ago, her New York sis would have been here.  Bummer.  But it was meant to be this way, and it was ok.  We sent her a video and maybe this old dress of Hailey's brought Shelby a little good luck (not that she needed any!)
 Awww, love!  Not sure what she was so happy about, but I guess this was a good indication of how the solo was going to go!  Can't believe she will be a teen in less than 2 weeks!
 A few pics of the performance.  I love that our pianist is also our teacher now...we work with her every Sunday. She is the most wonderful person...so uplifting and so calm...a great personality for Shelby.  And she works/plays so well with Shelby.  It gives Shelby confidence and peace to have Ruth there playing alongside her.  Ruth always smiles at her before the performance...and after. :)  Just a confidence booster!

 She started off so strongly...with such confidence.  That has been her struggle all along when playing in front of crowd. She had no trouble today! 
 I know the pics don't do it justice, but I am not a fan of you-tube....but be rest-assured she played with all her heart...swaying to the music and putting all she had into that old violin of Nina's :)  It was beautiful to hear.  Gave me chills.  And mad my heart just beat right out of my chest (I get nervous for my kids when they have big things going on...I used to get this way when Hailey danced on the MAC stage :)).  I know Shelb was nervous too...she said she was glad she wore a long dress because otherwise you could tell her legs where shaking...but you'd never have known it. She was seemed so confident. 
 And just like that...it was all done.  And Ruth gave her a big smile :) :)  And the room was full of applause. She was the last solo of the hour and she gave a great finale.  I thought she was the best of the group, but I might be biased :)  Our teacher, our pianist and the chair of the department all gave her a hug.  It was a very special day.  And I know she was happy with her performance. She told me right away, "I didn't even mess up!" :)  Nope, she didn't!  I had tears in my eyes at the end of it. I feel like she's risen to a new level...and I think it has a lot to do with confidence.  Bravo, Shelb!
So sweet...a pic of her teachers....so grateful to them both for what they bring to Shelby...so very blessed that we can be at a university that appreciate the arts and music so much. It treated Hailey very well and it is now doing the same for Shelby.  God made no mistake bringing us to Indiana.  I sometimes doubt his choice in weather here, but I never doubt why he brought us to Bloomington.  :)

Shelb...you are awesome...and you are a gifted violinist.  Keep working hard and you will go far! 

1 comment:

Nancy Gritter said...

I am so VERY proud of you Shelby!! The video your Mom sent to me brought tears to my eyes!You have reached a new stage of confidence and maturity in your playing and the skies the limit now, my sweet grandaughter!!Cant wait to arrive and hear it in person!! Congratualtions on your tremendously confident performance!! It surely did show in your playing!! Keep up the amazing work!! Love and Hugs, Nina xoxoxo