Saturday, April 8, 2017

Well, THAT was quite a day!

I am too pooped to post pics, but I will say that THAT was quite the day.  Going to bed at 3am, getting up at 6am, having a middle daughter puking all night long...spilling it down the wall on her sisters bunk below (Kev, poor man, had to deal with this bc I too wasn't feeling well)...and then she puked all day to the point of dehydration....and poor Hays had to take the ACT on 3 hours of sleep... and we had to get through church directory photos with a girl who wasn't even able to sit up and keep food/drink down much less smile.  But in this season of hope, I like to focus on the positives...first being that we are all together...even with the puking and exhaustion, I am thankful to be going through this with my whole family under one roof. Our New Yorker is home safe and sound (tired, but safe!)...and as much as I hate for Shelb to be so sick, I am grateful for some forced time at home tomorrow (we had to cancel her solo recital at IU and that freed up half our day).  Shelb is thankfully slightly better and kept gatorade and chicken noodle soup down and now everyone is settling down to bed for a good night's sleep. (Well, hopefully... a very tired daddy is picking Hailey up).  I think Hays survived her ACT ok, she got to see old friends at the test...and now she's out with the same old friends at dinner and walking the downtown area.  In spite of the many downs in the day, there were also many ups...beautiful weather...a couple great last minute egg huts, a first soccer practice at a new place, some coin show fun, a couple haircuts, a dead mouse, a new garden and fun times with siblings and friends.  It was not all bad...it just wasn't all "as planned"...but you'd think by now I should expect more of that :)  Pics to come....

1 comment:

Corie Farnsley said...

I hope everyone is feeling well today! Miss you guys!