Just a brief post today as it is Hailey's last day in the 1st grade and I need to run to school soon to see her get an attendance and citizenship award. Kinda strange to think my baby is gonna be in 2nd grade soon...before I know it she'll be in high school and college and all grown up with a family of her own...why does time go by so fast?! So, the official summer vacation start tomorrow and from now until August my posts will probably be brief and few. But, I'll do my best.
Today I just wanted to post a few "race day party pics" from our annual shindig in Danville (on Sunday). It was a great time as usual. Even a couple downpours of rain didn't stop us from having some down-home fun! Most of Kev's old buddies were there with their growing families. We actually got an entire group shot this year (see above) of all the old Danville friends (plus the wives/husbands and kids who weren't fellow Danville-ers :)). It's always fun to see how everyone's kids have grown over the year and catch up on old times. We were thankful the weather was cooperative (for the most part)...it only poured twice, I think, (which was a damper on the Indy 500 :)...but thankfully we were able to be outside most of the time (which is VERY important for all the crazy-energied kids). Hailey made a new friend (I'm not even sure of her name or age, but she looked to be about the same age as Hailey)...and they both just ran around together all afternoon. Shelby kinda hung out with her buds, Charity and Ella (who were very cute, by the way, Ella (2 yrs) seemed very taken by Charity (almost 5 yrs)..see pic above :))...and Dylan...he pretty much clung to my leg all day (wish that boy would be more fond of walking!) But, it was a good time...good to see old friends, great food (I think the kids ate a whole pan of Brownies and cookies between them and we realized later that Hailey never even ate a real dinner...we're such great parents! :))...even the entertainment was great (watching the kids play was our amusement for the day...usually we join in a game of volleyball or some exciting sport, but that never even happened this year...I guess we were too busy with our little ones or maybe too lazy since we're all getting old...ha! :)). It was a great party as usual! Thanks to Bill and Joan for all the hospitality! We look forward to your party every year!
No comments:
Post a Comment