Thursday, June 28, 2007

Have I mentioned I need a VACATION!?


Ok, so the week has gotten progressively worse. I don't know what it is, but I think I have "stress-out person" tatooed on my forehead and everyone is trying to make it worse! Maybe it was a bad idea to admit my anxiety issues earlier this week cuz that has call come back to bite me in the butt...I am not coping well and not dealing with everything like I should! Anyway....it's 3pm and both kids are still awake...Shelby just spilled a huge bowl of spaghettios all over my good carpet in the kitchen...not to mention she was in rare form at the grocery store (she was licking the cart...and when I told her DON'T DO THAT!...she looked at me...licked it again and then stuck out her tongue at me....after me reprimanding her I again got my daily does of "I don't like you, mom, you soooo mean!")....anyway....she can sure push my buttons...now I'm just waiting for some raging infection to come her way due to her big ol' "lickage of the cart"...it will serve her right if she gets sick on our vacation (though I'll be the one dealing with it...lucky me!).

Then of course...guess what happens when I get home...two things that I paid for are not in my bags :( Great! It's pouring down rain and now I have to go back and get two meesly things with my tired, crabby kids who like to lick carts :( It's just been one of those weeks and it shows me more than ever how much I need this vacation coming up! I think I've called Kev like every hour today...he must think I'm nuts and I know he's worried about my sanity. If it's not been one thing it's been another (i.e. our neighbor's dog is lose again and keeps running in our house and almost got hit by a car twice....I won't even go into how I feel about that....not cool to have a lil' puppy roaming the neighborhood hiding under people's cars and almost getting run over!) Ok...so, that's my rant today. You'd think I was hormonal, but really I'm not....it's just been one of those weeks! Though on a positive note Shelby did use some good ol' fashioned English manners today after the little noodle fiasco...she was sitting in the high chair (her naughty spot)...and all of a sudden she said (in her most serious voice) "I have something I need to tell you, mom...I'm sooooo sorry" :) Awww...in the midst of the chaos and mess...I told her I was proud of her for apologizing, cuz I think that was a big thing for our lil' Shelba to do :) So, don't worry...it's hasn't been all bad....I did see the sun shine through briefly today :)

And my whole purpose for blogging today was actually not to rant and rave (sorry)...but to ask for prayers for my sweet grandma. I know I told you she was in NC now with my aunt (and her sister)....and that she has been struggling. Well, things have progressively gotten worse and this morning was so bad (she was not very coherent, was wheezing badly and actually fell out of bed...my aunt found her on the floor)...so my aunt and great-aunt took her to the hospital in Asheville (an hour away) and she has been admitted for 3-4 days. They gave her some breathing treatments and have her on oxygen and he O2 sats are in the 90's again, so that's a relief (ok, so that's probably complicated medical terms for some...but you want your oxygen saturation to be in the upper 90's or 100...hers were in the 80's)...so, she's doing better with that and I know they were doing more tests and x-rays on her lungs (for her chronic lung problems). But, they found she has a bad electrolyte imbalance and that is probably why she's been so incoherent and confused. I am so relieved as electrolyte imbalances are fairly simple to fix with IV fluids. So, I just wanted to lay my heart out there and ask for thoughts and prayers for her as she rests and "gets back to normal" in the hospital. Hopefully she'll be back at the cabin this weekend so we can see her there. And please pray for my Aunt Mary too...she is just one of the kindest people you will ever meet and she puts her whole heart and soul into taking care of my grandma. She is an amazing daughter to her. I hope I would be the same for my own mom :) So, please just be thinking of them and for all of my family as we start traveling (my parent's leave early tomorrow morning and are going to see my grandpa's grave site up in Northern FL and then they will spend some time at my bro's in GA) We are all getting excited to see each other and relax...and we all need this time to just CHILL OUT! :) I'll probably post one more time briefly tomorrow! Hugs to everyone today! :)

(fyi...the above pic is my grandma G...with my two cousins, Eric and Celyn, and, of course, Hailey...I love this pic taken on my b-day this year in FL...when we went to Butterfly World :))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend...how I wish I lived near you so we could help each other out during these hectic days! Praying for God to give you a peaceful heart and cheerful spirit as you get ready to leave on your trip...it's so easy to get overwhelmed and leave with a bad attitude...I've done that and it isn't fun!
Praying for Grandma too...hope she rebounds quickly and that you'll get some good time with her at the cabin!!!
Love you, sweetie...hang in there!!!

Lisa said...

Kelly,
I hope you guys have a really great time with your family. I will be praying for Grandma G. I remember the days when she worked at FLCS and when she would come to sporting events. She is the one of the sweetest women I have ever met. Seeing her December was a real treat. I will pray for a speedy recovery and a wonderful time with her family. Sorry I haven't ever emailed, don't know exactly where I put your email. Have been reading your blog for a while. I started my own blog in Jan.
-Lisa B

vschaaf_family said...

Kelly,
I wish for you the best family vacation. I'm sure it will provide some much needed rest. We had ours in March and I already need another one. When I get up the energy I'll post about our terrible week. It just reminds me why I quit working in the first place!
Your place in North Carolina looks fabulous. It makes it even better that it's with so much family. I think that's great that your family is so close. Have a wonderful trip. I'm going to miss your blog while you're gone : (
Love ya,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Woman, you ARE having a crappy week! My heart aches for you, cuz it's stressful enough to plan for time away from home when things are going smoothly, much less having a rough week of preparation. Hopefully, all of the hiccups are happening BEFORE you leave. That way, you'll get a chance to really unwind on your trip and things will go off without a hitch! (That's the power of positive thinking, right?!) ;-)

Shelby, Shelby, Shelby! I would tell her that you're okay with her licking the grocery cart if she's okay with licking a bar of Ivory soap in order to clean off all of the germs she's collecting! Maddie has always found that to be quite the deterrent! ;-)

I hope your grandma is resting & recovering in the good care of the Asheville medical staff. Seeing all of her family might be a great pick-me-up for her. Children always bring out the sunshine for grandparents!

Let me know if you need us to water your plants and Shelby's sprouts. I'd be happy to do so.

Take care! LOL!

"ASK WHERE THE GOOD WAY IS, AND WALK IN IT, AND YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." -- Jeremiah 6:16

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Just a quick post...I'll have to "re-comment" when I get back home, cuz I need to finish packing now and I feel guilty sitting here at the computer. But, wanted to say I'm gonna miss you all! And thanks for the kind words as always! And, a special shout-out to my old bud, Lisa! Wow, how great to hear from you! And how fun to see your blog! Love it! And thanks for the kind words about my grandma. She enjoyed seeing you too in Dec. Don't worry about not emailing...if you feel bad about that then I should feel really bad about never emailing Rachel back (which I do feel REALLY bad)...cuz I actually have her address somewhere and just never did that (don't take it personal, Rach, I'm horrible at email!). Anyway....great to hear from you!!!! I'll comment more later when I get back from NC!

Love you all!!! And thanks again for the well wishes and happy vacation time! And to Jill and fam. for watching our flowering greenery!

Hugs,
Kel :)