Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Goin' Nuts over Noodles :)


Ok, so this will be a brief post today, but I wanted you all to see proof of what we're dealing with here with our little "fussy eater". I took this picture last night as he was was being force fed a piece of noodle. All day yesterday he caused quite a commotion over food. He would even go hysterical at the sight of the unwanted food in his bowl sitting on the counter (yes, pretty sad). So you can imagine the horrendous fight it was to get a noodle in his mouth at dinner...cuz he is a strong boy as ya' know. But, daddy Kev helped and we made two successful attempts and swallows of pieces of noodle. Granted it was quite an ordeal, but just the same it was a "baby step" of success :) And we'll take all we can get for now. So, while I'm not completely satisfied with our little fuss-bucket...I am trying to keep an open mind that in his "own time" he will eat good food. And I must say the "extra praise" helped a lot (thanks for reminding me, Sulu!)...he started to gag a few times while the noodle went down and we quick started yelping and hollering "whohoo, Dylan...good boy...big boy...way to go!!!" And he was so surprised at our outburst that he swallowed those slippery lil' noodles! Yippee! So, while I know it's a very small hurdle and that he could very well puke today with the same process of events...it's still a baby step that I would like to relish for at least a few more hours :)

Anyway...I hope you all are having a great week. It's been crazy this week for us with VBX (aka VBS) at our church. I've been labeled a "craft fairy" and today was tye dye day so my hands are covered in dye (lovely)...oh well...it's been fun and the kids have loved being busy every morning...but I am looking forward to our quiet weekend ahead (more details on that later :)).

And on a lil' side note...I do want to say....I hope none of you read my blog and all my rants and raves and think I've completely lost it or I've gone over the edge....cuz that's totally not the case with my life and my kids (or Kev either). I think we all have our "moments of insanity" and I just find it nice to post about many of mine and make part of our lives "an open book" of sorts. I think it helps me. But, I must say for all the complaining I do I truly am doing just fine with life and with my kids. As I told my mom today...I'm only overwhelmed maybe 5% of the time...the rest of the days/hours/minutes/seconds, I'm doing just fine (which I think is pretty good for a mama of three young ones...yes, I am patting myself on the back a bit :)). So, I hope none of you worry about my sanity or the effects it may have on my 3 sweet kids. We really are livin' a good ol' life and while we're not perfect we have a pretty good control over things and we really do enjoy our family (as crazy as some days may be and usually are :)). Kev and I often joke that we may as well add another dozen to our brood (that's a word, right??) :) We really do enjoy the chaos and I definitely must say the good outweighs the bad by far! Love ya'll! And have no fear...I am as sane as I ever was (which may not have been much to begin with :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Moments of insanity" in motherhood? Surely not! Girlfriend, it only shows that we are simply human! Most of us suffer from sleep deprivation, noise overload and hormonal fluctuations, so a few fleeting "CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!" moments are perfectly natural!:-D

Besides, I'd be highly suspicious of someone who claimed to have it all together. Most moms would say, "Yeah -- SURE you do! Who's your nanny?"

So, we plug away amidst the pee puddles and refusal of good nutrition (you should see Jacob gag and retch and cry when he is forced to eat a SINGLE green bean - it's really pathetic! He's 6!). We endure the frustrating moments -- like a certain sister's bowl of hair rollers being left on the floor and a certain brother managing to spill a can of root beer in the bowl until the rollers were floating! Now, Maddie will have "GEE-YOUR-HAIR-SMELLS-TERRIFIC" hair!! -- because the great moments far outnumber the bad. One day, we'll say, "Do you remember that time when...?" and laugh.

Hang in there! I, for one, know that you have 3 AWESOME kids, so you can't be that scary at home!! Ha! Love ya!

GOD HAS BROUGHT ME LAUGHTER, AND EVERYONE WHO HEARS ABOUT THIS WILL LAUGH WITH ME. ---Genesis 21:6

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Ah, Jill...you are a true friend...thank you!...you make me feel a little more sane during the insane days and definitely not so guilty about the times where I lose it. I love the whole blog thing cuz I can be completely honest...and that's good for me (not that I'm usually a liar :))...but it's good to get things off my chest during the day when I'm in the midst of "kiddy land" and I need to vent. So most of my posts I know are ranting and raving about the kids and life...but when I'm in the midst of that during a busy day that's how I feel. When Kev comes home and the day comes to a close I heave a sigh of relief/joy and thank the Lord for all the daily craziness!

I love ya, my friend! And I loved that verse in Genesis...how appropriate. Laughter is so good for the soul. Even in the craziness and tears at the pool today I was laughing...cuz I am blessed beyond measure...and laughter seems to be a great solution in times of difficulty as well as joy! :)

And, I agree, I am always suspicious of the "super moms" out there. And believe me I've seen a few of them at VBX this week :) Ha!

And Kev and the kids might disagree with you...sometimes I can be a bit scary at home (j/k)...but I do have my "losin' it" moments where I just can't contain the grumpiness/hormones :) I'm only human I suppose like you said. We all have those moments of complete insanity...luckily everyone has survived through those moments so far in our family :) And, AMEN, on the calgon moments...and the lack of sleep, high-pitched screams and noise and wacky hormones...that all just adds to the "joy", doesn't it? :)

Thanks for brightening my day, Jill! Love your advice and support and truly value your friendship. I was LOL at Jacob and Maddie with the rollers and the root beer. Too funny :) I'm sure soon enough our pee/poop/puke issues will be replaced by real "mature" issues like yours! :) Ha! Can't wait! Glad I'll have you to walk me through it!

Love ya' and see ya' soon! Kel :)