Well, better late than never...just realized I never posted these VBX pics from a few weeks ago...so this is all I have for today...sorry I didn't take pics of the "ordeal at the mall" :) I'll let you just picture that in your mind :) So here we are in our VBX "Reaction" (bright) garb :)
And here's Hailey and her (boyfriend) Tyler who just happened to be in the same group as Hailey (along with his mom who was leader :))....they are sporting their newly tie-died hats thanks to our awesome craft team :)
Here's the VBX girls (praise team)...you go, girls!
Hailey and one of her bestest buds, Julia :)
Hailey actually tie-dying her hat...yes, the sun was shining too bright for our Hailey that day :)
The three kiddos before the VBX program sporting their new hats :)
My (usually) sweet girls :)
Shelby and her favorite character at VBX...MR ROBOTO! Whohoo!
I just posted this cuz Shelby loved this blow-up plane (maybe a future pilot?) As you can see she's running back and forth next to it...but it was more fun inside! :) They had great games and food at the carnival after the program...below you can actually see Shelby and Hailey jumping in the bounce house! :)
Well, I simply don't have the energy today to muster up a thoughtful and carefree post so I'll just say it like it is...I feel very challenged today (dare I say, stressed)...by my strong-willed child. I won't go into all the gorry details, but let's just say that "picture day" in Indy had left me ragged and worn and ready for a good cry. Ok, so maybe that's dramatic, but after the morning I had with my own little drama queen (who's name will remain anonymous...ha!) I think I'm entitled to have a little drama of my own :)
So, I guess I must have been fooling myself that our trip to Penney's today would be easy, effortless, quick, non-stressful....it was just a quick picture of Hailey (who BTW scratched herself again recently...I really should have kept some mitts on her!)...anyway, she's easy to photograph, never causes any problems when we're shopping, never makes much of a fuss at all. But, maybe I should have remembered that I have two other little rascals who follow along and one especially that likes to push my buttons. Anyway...I don't know what set HER off this morning...maybe it was a breakfast of grapes that she did not like or maybe it was the fact that she had to miss her fav. PBS show Calliou, maybe it was the fact that she didn't get to wear the non-matching outfit she wanted to wear...who knows....it could be anything with her...but the moment we arrived at the mall at 1oam it all went downhill....she refused to get on the elevator...it was one of those "who will have the stronger staredown"...I think she won and I gave her an earful when I finally grabbed her and placed her ever so gently on the elevator floor :( From there it went to sobbing, to disobeying...to saying as loud as she could "You're MEAN mom"..."I don't LIKE you"...and, yes everyone was staring (but this was honestly better than yesterday's alternative of calling me POOPY and PEEPEE as loud as she could cuz she was not getting her way) :) Somehow we made it through the hour at the mall only to start it up again in the enclosed capsule of the van :( Great...an hour and a half of her throwing stuff, wanting the stuff back that she threw, more "mean mommy" and "you SOOOOO MEAN...I DON'T LIKE YOU!"....to kicking my seat so hard that I reached right back there and took off her flipflops and tossed them in the front seat. It was not a pretty sight. It wasn't a shining mommy morning for me. If I wasn't so rushed I would have stopped on the side of the rode and set her straight, but instead we had to rush to art camp and she got her earful at home along with a double time-out (she deserved much more)....and then time for her nap.......only to find out Dylan had filled his pants to 10times the normal diaper capacity and there was spillage from his ears to his toes. Anyway...so now 2 hours later they are finally in bed and asleep and this is my blissful moment to collect my sanity and vent for a bit. I know we all have days like this and reflecting on my post yesterday I know I just need to take a deep breath...cast off this burden on Him and say a little prayer. I did that all day today, but in the midst of chaos I don't think I put my heart into it. I need to do better. You wise friends of mine who commented yesterday...I love you...you knew what I needed to hear...bless you! I know we will leap past this hurdle of the strong-willed child. Somedays are just harder than others...tomorrow will be better (hopefully :)). With that I need to go put my feet up and have a bowl of ice cream...I deserve it today! (sigh) :)
5 comments:
I know you were a more compliant child than I was so I'll just tell you: I told my parents I hate them over 1,000 times in my young childhood.
And I like my parents now. :) A lot.
Wow! I know I shouldn't be happy about your day (which I'm not!) but I am glad I'm not the only one out there with a "strong willed child" (that's the "nice" way of saying it, right?). Love ya lots, my friend...I'm right there with you!
-Your "bloomy" bud, Heather:)
Ok, you guys made my day...really (ok, so it didn't take much to do that today...but still)...Wen...I would have NEVER guessed you EVER told your parents you hated them...not sweet little you! No way! Shocker! Yes, I was little miss "never speak a nasty word" to my parents...ok, so I know my mom will catch me in that lie...but I was definitely VERY compliant (and mostly just scared of my dad :) Ha!) But, I am relieved to know that your parents survived you telling them such harsh words...and we can all tell what admiration you have for good ol' Coach and Di now :) We all love them! Love ya, Wen!
And, LOL...Heather...I can't believe you posted...cuz you know what Kev said to me when I told him all that Shelby called me tonight...he said "well, at least your not alone...Heather deals with the same stuff"...I actually thought he meant that Shelby called you names too, to which I let out a "what??", but then he reassured me that Ethan was the culprit :) I should have know the "lil' biking buddies" E and S would be doing the same things to you and I...lucky us! And, yes, I have many other "choice" words I could have used for my little "strong-willed one" today! Ugh! Love ya tons, my "bloomy" buddy :) Hang in there...and maybe we can bike again soon...Kev is all psyched about his secret plan with Dave :)
I don't remember you telling me you hated me Wendi! Sometimes I felt like you did! Sometimes I wasn't so crazy about you guys either but that seems so long ago. It will get better but sometimes this age seems like FOREVER!!!(and then it's gone!) People used to say that all the time and I never believed it but it's true!!!!
Hi Di...well, it makes me feel equally good to know that you don't remember the "mean ol' Wendi" :) I certainly don't remember her that way :)....but it warms my heart to know I'm not alone (and that's it's ok to have those bad days where I don't want to hug my kids all day long cuz they are getting my last nerve) and maybe some day Shelby will turn out with a great personality like Wendi's. And I sure do hope that I'll forget that she ever said she didn't like me or called me "poop!" :) I know this age will pass and I'm already realizing how fast it goes just by looking at old pictures and such. My Shelby is one-of-a-kind...a definite spitfire...and I pray someday she might use that for good! I have a feeling she will! :) Love ya, Di! And I always loved ya' growing up near ya' too...being at your house, all the fun times...ah...good ol' memories.
Post a Comment