Saturday, December 8, 2007

Backstage Angel Action

Ok...well, again this took a freakin' long time to upload all these and they are all out of order, but I figure "who cares"....so I'll just make a quick run through of last Sunday (12/2) and all the exciting backstage angel action!! Above is actually after the big angel dance...me (the backstage mom all in black...a rule we had to abide with)....and my sweet ballerina girl :)
Out in the rain by the stage door after the performance
After the performance...Hailey and Hope (our backyard neighbor/friend)
Hailey, Baileigh and Sydne...good friends...and fun to see them at the show
Hailey and her new Nutcracker shirt and a pic of her "do"....I did a pretty good job of french- braiding for just having learned how....yes, that's a pat on the back for me :)
All the angels crammed in the big elevator to go up to the stage (yes, this is pre-angel dance) :) I love this shot..look at all those pretty wings and ugly wigs....16 of 'em crammed in there like sardines...along with 4 of us moms...
Here's a better group pic than the one I posted a couple weeks ago...this one you can actually see Hailey (far left)...though I did cut one angel off on the right...sorry, whoever you were :) This is after the big dance....
A funny pose by the angel in blue
this one's for Shelba...a pic of Hailey by the mouse head :)
I love this pic too....really shows off that "lovely" metallic blue color :) And this is a rarity in the angel business...to be able to sit in costume...they hardly ever allow this...another strict rule
All in costume and ready to go on stage...
A nice close-up shot of the blue-wigged angel in all her glory :)
Sweet Angels, Hailey and Lauren
All lined up in "angel order" and ready to go up the elevator to perform
Hailey pretending she has her angel light...which were only given to the angels right before "showtime" up on stage
Nice angels...
Getting the wings on...
Getting the wig on...
Getting the make-up (blush and lipstick) on....this only happened on Sunday night...they never had time for make-up any other night...they just had to pinch their cheeks to make them rosy for the other performances :)
My sweet angel
This was back at our house earlier that day...me doing "the double-braided do" :)
Hailey and her best bud, Julia, before the show...she was so sweet and brought Hailey a little bouquet :)
This is pre-show...our backstage "angel" area where the girls did "quiet activities"
Moving on to the costume room...as you can see Hailey and most of the girls played those clapping games...or whatever they are called...we used to do them back in the day...and below is some crazy angels....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All three of your posts here Kelly are packed with super great and lovely photos...I just sit here and tear up as I read your words and see the pictures. I never was a ballerina, nor do I think any of my girls will be built to be a ballerina, but just to know that something that you *love* yourself and to see your daughter do it...well that is just super special isn't it?! Sort of the feeling that I get when I see Katie excel at school or well...cross stitch! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ooopss...I also wanted to say...WOW does Kevin look like his Dad or WHAT?!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Dear, Sweet Vonna :) God bless you...you are so sweet. It's funny cuz when I was posting all my ballerina Hailey pics I actually thought of you and sweet Katie and your shared love for stitching :) There is just something to watching your daughter enjoy the same things you love (that's not to say you don't do the same with your boys)...but you know what I mean :) It's just a treasured gift and a proud moment :) I smile whenever I read your Katie's blog...she is just the sweetest gal and a little duplication of you...which is a rare thing in this world...to find someone as lovely as you. You know I think the world of you and all you do for our girl scouts and for being a great friend :) Thanks for posting, my friend :) You are such an encouragement...and I know I went overboard with photos, but when you enjoy something so much you just want to share and can't help yourself! :) We should be proud of our girls...they are all super special...as our their mamas :) Love ya, my friend! Kel :)
P.S. Yes, Kev is a look-alike of his dad :)...which is nice cuz I think his dad looks so young...it's funny how those genes get passed down :0