Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad's Day Recap

Well, while I'm still enjoying a few peaceful, cool moments indoors I thought I'd post a picture recap of our Father's Day adventures yesterday....starting out above after church at our local Japanese restaurant. We've only been here once before and it's not really comparative to Benihana (in Kev's opinion), but for a guy who likes a Japanese Steakhouse you can't be too picky in a small town like Bloomy. So, this was his lunch choice. Here's the happy gang above ready to eat! :)
And here they are indoors eating their soup (we found out that Shelby LOVES this Jap. broth soup with mushrooms in it...who knew?). She ate half of mine and half of Kev's :) We were the only ones in the restaurant for most of our meal...we thought that was pretty funny :) I guess most people don't eat lunch at 11am after church...but we did! :) Dylan was out-of-sorts all day long...we'll blame it on poop issues :) Shelby decided after we left the restaurant that she did not like the Jap. experience. The fire scared her and I don't blame her...our cook lit a hot one on our stove and it spooked all the kids :) But, Shelby remarked about it all day...how she did "NOT like the fire coming from under the table!" :)
He did, however, enjoy eating his cheerios with chopsticks :)
Hailey stuffing her mouth with rice and chicken :)
Even Shelby showed off her chopstick-eating talent. Mommy does not have this talent nor the patience to eat small amounts of food from sticks...so it must be daddy who passed along this patience/talent to his girls :)
At home after lunch...a handsome dad and his cute kiddos :)
We surprised daddy Kev with a yummy sugar cookie cake from our local mall's Blondie's cookie store. We had it specially made to NOT be choc. chip (daddy doesn't like choc...well, not the brown kind :))....so we had a sugar one made (we would have done oatmeal, his fav, but they wouldn't make it w/o raisins). Anyway...so this was the yummy cake...that is now almost gone....and Hailey is happily showing off Kev's #1 fav at Cold Stone...cake batter ice cream with Snickers mixed in...we had some made to bring home...yumm! :)
Here's daddy with his array of lil' "oh-so-exciting" gifts :) Above is Shelby with her gifts for daddy...that she made at preschool last month--a special hanger for daddy that she decorated and a lovely box with a cute poem and her sweet pic on it :) Daddy is excited to use it for his cigars :) J/K :) (it's a cigar box, if you can't tell...but I'm sure daddy will use it for storing other special things :))
Dylan was very proud of his gifts for daddy...some handy dandy corn skewers! :) Ok...so not a very fun gift, but we need them cuz we keep breaking all ours and we love corn on the cob! :) Dylan was excited about them (not that he eats corn or anything!)...and he made daddy a nice card too :)
Hailey with her special dad cake drawing...and her hand-made pottery pencil holder. She decided on this idea and gift all by herself...she loves our Latest Glaze pottery store in town and she loves to paint and make special things there...
Dad and his girls...we got him a talking/recordable frame to keep at work...each of the kids talked into it so on those lonely work days when daddy is tired of peace and quiet he can always here his crazy kids and wife talking to him :)
And I thought this above pic was cute...Dylan was very cuddly yesterday with his daddy :)

And here is Daddy with all his favs...I figured I needed to be in the pic cuz I'm holding his other child in that big belly of mine :) So, here's our gang 3 mos before we become a family of 6! :) Yesterday actually marked that day...3 mos to the day! Hard to believe! Anyway...but this is us before we left for Kev's parent's house (where we had an awesome dinner!) and sadly I took no pics at the big family gathering...I was plum pooped out!

3 comments:

mitoumi said...

What a wonderful family you have.
I follow your life each day fron Paris.
So tonight I send you a little hello from France.
Nathalie

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Bonjour from the U.S. :) I feel very honored to have a blog-reader from abroad, especially one from Paris (a place I would love to visit someday!) My warmest wishes from our country to yours :)

Anonymous said...

Well what a good post this was! Made me smile...and boy I sure wish I had a picture frame where I could hear all my kids when I'm working in the peace and quiet ;) CUTE Kelly...really it was!

Steg state runner Loggy