Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miracles Abound! :) :)

Well, if you ever wonder if miracles still exist.....THEY DO....check out my friend Wendi and John's little miracle-in-the-making....

http://flakymn.blogspot.com/


Now if that little ultrasound picture doesn't convince you that God is more than working overtime in this world then I don't know what will.....

But, let me back up a bit. First of all BIG, HUGE CONGRATS to my friends down in FL!!!!!

Most of you who don't know Wendi and John might recognize their name cuz only last month I blogged a Big Ol' Congrats to them on the birth of their first son, Isaac John, whom they were gifted with through adoption. What a joyous day that was to see my friends holding their baby that they'd prayed for and wanted for so many years....

Now let me back up even further...this little miracle son came 5 years after my dear, sweet friends had been trying to have a baby of their own....5 years of infertility treatments and testing, years of failed IUI's and IVF's...so much heartache and tears...watching others become pg all around them....wondering if their time would ever come. I saw my friend, Wendi, become one of the strongest women I know through this journey...still trusting that God had a plan for her family even it didn't include a pregnancy of her own. She never wavered on her trust in the Lord and I think through her rough and bumpy journey she became an inspiration to hundreds maybe thousands. She inspired even me who had gone through only 18 mos of secondary infertility and was questioning "why life can be so unfair". Through it all she and her hubby persevered and when the blessing of Isaac came along we all knew it was meant to be...we all felt peace in our hearts watching this sweet little boy be welcomed into their family....

And then at that moment...and, I think, very near Isaac's birth date God intervened yet again and just like that there is a sweet little baby growing inside Wendi :) As shocking as the news came to me this weekend, I was not at all surprised....I had a feeling in my heart (even a passing thought last week) that my dear friend would be pregnant soon. And here she is 7 or so weeks along already and just basking in the craziness of it all! :) After so many years of trying and wanting and praying...after so many years of wondering what this moment would feel like...they are there...in THE moment. And I know it's hard for them to believe...so surreal...but at the same time IT IS REAL! And I, for one, am thrilled to pieces that God worked his miracle in this way...in this surprising, miraculous way...no IVF this time, no fertility drugs...just a good old fashioned miracle...the BEST kind of miracle!

And I just have to say that God must definitely have a sense of humor...I knew that 3 years ago when we conceived Dylan most surprisingly after being told we probably would never conceive naturally again...and then I was convinced even more this year when "new baby girl" popped into my womb....and now to see this miracle of life unfold for my newly fertile friend....well, I can picture God sitting up in heaven just smiling away and saying, "look at my plan unfold" :) I love every part of it...and I'm basking in the joy for my friends down south. 9 mos apart their babies will be and if I'm not mistaken that's Irish twins for ya'!?! What crazy fun that's gonna be! And I personally think it's great that Isaac will have a sibling so close to his age...they'll be great pals! And I know for sure that if anyone can handle two infants at once it'll be Wen and JB!

And I gotta say I can't wait to see my old friend sporting a nice big belly soon!!! As much as I moan and groan about being pregnant...there is truly nothing like it and to have my friend get to experience this after thinking she might never get to....well, it's an exciting thought and I can't wait to hear her pregnancy journey! As I've always said...carrying life inside you is one of God's greatest gifts!!!

Praying for you, Wendi, John and Big Brother Isaac...congrats again! I love watching God's plan unfold for your lives and I can't wait to see this sweet new face on your blog in 2009!

5 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kelly, thanks for this post. I actually think they are LESS than irish twins ... since it is not physically possible what has happened (yes, probably conceived a week prior to the week of birth). WOAH! God is amazing!!! I betcha he is laughing really hard!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of Jesus laughing next to my computer at home! I just know He is having so much fun watching all of this unfold! He just loves to love and bless us.
Great post Kel.....
Gramma Di

Corie said...

Now, how cool is that?! Thanks for sharing an uplifting story this morning! Good luck to your friends. I don't even know them and I'm thrilled for them!

Corie said...

Oh, and being an Irish twin myself (my sister is 11.5 months older than I am), I know the two will have a wonderful bond - like nothing else on Earth. So excited for them!

Anonymous said...

Great POST Kelly...it really just blows my mind, the friends/family that have either replied or read Wendi's blog in the last 2 days!! The JOY that everyone is feeling is so incredible..just huge smiles of happiness!!Its the kind of thing, when you read it, just stays with you for many days and puts a smile on your face, just at the thought of it!!! I am just so unbelievably happy for the whole family!!! Our God is an AWESOME God....gonna be singing that song every day!!I do feel a BOOK is in order...and only Wendi could make it come alive in print! Gotta fit that into your BUSY schedule, Wen!!! lol :):) Nancy

Steg state runner Loggy