
....big boy POOP!
Well, we're back to the struggles of about a year ago....man-size poop. I won't go into all the details since I try to keep this blog "family friendly"...but let's just say our boy has had a rough, rough day of it :( I knew once we decreased the apple juice and went to a more adult diet we would pay sooner or later and that day came today. I'm actually surprised it didn't come sooner cuz I don't believe the poor boy has pooped in a week. So, you can imagine the fun we had at the ball field today as he was spewing liquid from his nostrils and pushing, grunting and turning red trying to force his man-size BM to come OUT! Not a fun time for the past few hours, but somehow laying down in his crib relaxed the ol' bowels and out the man-size thing came :( Actually, I'll be honest...it couldn't get out so he had to really work at it with his diaper off. And let's just say there was blood involved and now he won't even sit all the way on his bottom. Poor boy. I feel so badly for him...there was a terror in his eyes that I don't want to see again...that painful kind of "help me" terror. I remember this struggle we had awhile ago as we tried to balance his diet and I'm not sure it's worth this pain just so he'll eat normally. But, we're gonna keep our heads high and keep trying, I guess. Daddy is out getting some good ol' Miralax to ease the pain, so hopefully that will help things along. But, that's how our fun Saturday has been. If it isn't crying/puking over food it's pooping issues. Gotta love our lives! :)
3 comments:
Ahhhhh, my poor little man!!!!! I feel so badly for him!!! That must be scary and painful!! Why decrease the apple juice??? Oh, cause he'd rather drink that than eat! right?? Its all such a struggle!!!But in time, it all will get better!!! Love Ya Mom
How funny that you'd post this today. We have been in the exact same boat with E. She's been holding her poop for six days because she's scared of doing the duty in the potty, and she's been in rather serious pain yesterday and today. Miralax seems to have helped her today (a little...not six days worth!...we'll spare you the details), so hopefully little Dylan will have the same luck! Good luck guys. I KNOW it's not fun (and it's only a little comforting to know we're not the only ones dealing with it)!
By the way, we definitely do need to get together again soon - June's crazy, but let's look at July, OK?!
Well, the poop saga continues...we are off "the real diet" and back to "Dylan's favs"...I couldn't bear for him to be "bearing down" so much for his poops. So, we're back to square one for now. I'm relieved to have a break again! :) I know it will get better with time, mom, but I fear the boy is an apple juice addict and truly he could drink that all day and NEVER eat...and what's the good/health in that! So, we will be asking for a second opinion soon! I am definitely not the expert when it comes to this kind of stuff.
And, Cor, oh...I feel for you too! We had that same issue with Hailey when she was potty training. She held it for almost 2 weeks once. That's when we broke out the enema and what an awful memory that was! I cried myself! Icky times! praying E's issues resolve and she can get past the fear of potty pooping like a big girl! The miralax has been working wonders for D-man (thank goodness)...he's been as regular as clockwork (lucky us)...he even did a surprise floater in the tub this past weekend...oh joy! But, I'm glad (in a way) to know we're not alone in our adventures :)
We'll definitely find a time in July to hang out...our summer is filling up fast with "things to do before baby comes!" Yikes! But, we definitely want to see you guys!
Post a Comment