Ok, so it hit me today at my OB appt that two months from today I could possibly be a mama of 4. I know that should have been a realization that I had many months ago, but until you have your big belly hanging out in front of you and you are having a hard time seeing your feet...well, I guess it has just taken time to really hit me that indeed we are going to be a family of SIX! It's really crazy to even say that number....so I'm gonna say it again...SIX! Kevin and I and our FOUR kids! I'm not the least bit nervous about the craziness that this is all going to entail and truly I am just excited....even the kids are getting excited. Dylan, bless his sweet 2 year old heart, kisses my baby belly daily and says "I love you". I think the "love you" is to me, but I like to think it's for the baby too. He's also gotta into the habit of counting my "bellies". Yes, apparently I have three and two of them are above my "real belly". We have tried and tried to explain to the boy that I only have one belly and the two other "large bumps" are NOT bellies :) But, I guess he just doesn't get it. So daily he counts and points at my 3 bellies, "One baby, two baby, three baby!" Lovely, I know. Kev thought it was so funny a few weeks ago he taped Dylan pointing at my "three bumps" at the mall. It was quite amusing and if I knew how to post video I'd show you. But, trust me...it's good comic relief to know I have three babies growing on my front side :) Thank goodness I will only be birthing one baby soon....and from my guesstimates I have to say I think this baby girl's gonna be right up there in weight with her brother. If I had to guess I'd day she'd be at least 9lbs by due date time. And, yes, due date is 2 mos from TODAY! Can you believe it?! I can't!
I had yet another routine OB appt today and all is going splendidly. I'm measuring right at 31 weeks (which is a relief considering my past issues with measuring small/IUGR at this point) and that little heart was just thumping away. From what I read baby should be about 3-4lbs now and about 15 inches...that's pretty big, so no wonder I feel larger than life! I think I'm up to 25 lbs in the weight gain dept. which is right on par for me, since I usually gain about 40lbs. So, while I feel like a big ol' beached whale lately I suppose I'm not bigger than the whales I've previously become :) And many friends are kind enough to tell me I look "so cute pregnant" or that I "hardly look pregnant" (though my dear mom and dad seemed to imply that I was looking quite big in NC...so maybe that's the real truth! I think my dad's actual comment (that he repeated several times) was "How many months do you have left???" (as he shook his head in disbelief :)) Love you, mom and dad! :)) But, thank you, dear friends who say I look beautiful and tiny. You are so good for my hormonal ego that tells me daily how LARGE I am getting (not just in the belly, but ALL over!)....and whether your comments are true or not I'll take them and feel better about eating my daily bowl (or two!) of ice cream with chocolate sauce all over it! :)
So, things continue to go smoothly and for that I am grateful. The doc didn't seem at all worried about my right-sided pain and she seemed to agree that it was just the baby and uterus pushing up against my rib cage especially when I sit for long periods of time. So, I guess that will just get more uncomfortable with time (lucky me!) :) But, all in all I'm doing well. The heat and humidity have hit me hard this week after enjoying the nice cooler/less humid mountain air last week. I am nausea a lot again and at night I just fall into bed. I think it has to do with 2 hours of swim/diving lessons every morning where I'm sitting or swimming with the kids in the hot sun. So, I am admittedly exhausted by this point every day. But, the end is in sight and I know soon enough I'll never has this sweet baby belly to lug around anymore and I'm sure I'll miss that on occasion. I have mixed feelings about that...well, mostly I think/know I'm going to miss it. I'm at that point in my pregnancy where things are good (and also where I feel like I've been pg FOREVER!). I love to be visibly pregnant and to feel this sweet girl move all day long (and that she does...she is a wiggler and the queen of hiccups!)...all that is so miraculous to feel inside your own uterus. And to see how my body has gone from normal shape to prego shape...well, it really goes to show what a miracle the whole baby growing thing is...how the body stretches and transforms to fit a tiny life...well, it's definitely a God-thing! I have never taken it for granted and I especially don't this time around since it'll be my last. I do love it and I get sad to think I won't get to do it again. But, I know God wants me to put pregnancies behind me and focus on raising my babies...and I am ready to do that...or I hope I will be in 2 mos! :)
For now, I am just basking in the glow of pregnancy....of the blessing of it all. Nothing could be better really and even in my hormonal outbursts I am thankful. God has been so good to our family and I just pray for a non eventful 2 more months and a very fast and "easy" delivery!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
2 comments:
I Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE, Mom xoxoxoxo
I can't wait for you to be here either...hopefully you arrive before she does! We're counting on it!!! Less than 2 mos! YAY!!! XOXOXO
Post a Comment