Friday, July 18, 2008

Just me and my boy :)


Well, a long and tiring week of hot sun, swimming and exhaustion has just about come to a close and here I sit in a very quiet house just me and my boy (the little one). The man of the house is gone for the next 4 days on business (in Boston, MA where his job is based out of) and I guess that puts me in the ranks of "single-momdom"....not a place I have ever wanted to be, but if anything it teaches me to appreciate my wonderful hubby more and, of course, there's that whole thing "absence makes the heart grow fonder" so by Monday I'll be counting down the hours 'til I can hold him in my arms again :) I miss that great guy of mine already. But, tonight I'm hanging with my little man. After a crazy day of being in the sun for 5 hours (swimming, diving and then an outside play/water date with friends)...well, we are both just plum tuckered out and almost off to bed. The girls are having a boat-sleepover on the lake with Nina and Poppy Stegs so it'll just be some mommy-son time for the next day or so...and for that I'm grateful cuz truly I love this little guy of mine (aside from the fact that tonight our only bonding has been through some massive dirty diapers...thanks, lil' bud...we need to work on some better bonding techniques :))...but in spite of his Friday stinkiness he and I are buddies for life and I'm glad we can have some one-on-one time. And I'm glad the week has come to a close...although it'll be a lonely weekend without my hubby around I'm hoping it'll be a lazy one where I can sit and put my feet up a bit. Hope you all have a great one as well....if the spirit moves me I might go through our NC pics and post those later this weekend....we'll see....but for now I'm off to sleepyland :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 days...normally I don't give out sympathy for anything longer than a week, but due to my little neice-in-waiting, little man, and 2 beautiful grown-up neices and , of course, their tuckered-out momma just this once I will feel for you and the plight of the working husband and the singel (although it be temporary--thank goodness) mommy. Hope the kids are supportive for you while kevin is gone...try to convince them to play spa weekend and treat you like to queen you are while your king is gone :) Love ya, sis

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Hey Sis...I surely didn't seek sympathy from you....you should give me NONE for all you have to go through every year with your hubby gone ALL the time! I should be in awe of you (as I am!) I don't know how you do it...you are stronger than I for sure! But, thanks for taking pity on me while I'm big and prego! You're a great sis! :) I can't really complain since the in-laws have helped and honestly Hailey is a great help...but I just miss my hubby. Ummm...yea...I wish I could be a queen in a spa for the next 3 days...ha! The closest I get to that is taking a shower! But, I know I can't complain...just makes me appreciate all you go through even more. And how I so want for you to be living here in Indiana near me! Then I could just drive up near you when my hubby is gone (and hopefully yours will never be again!) Hang in there and hope FL was ok...keep your sights set on Disney and next summer when you move! Hope DJ had a great b-day and that Angel's is great tomorrow! Give the kids a hug from me! Love ya and miss ya!

Steg state runner Loggy