Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blessed Again by Awesome Friends!

My wonderful girlfriends and I after our yummy breakfast this morning :) Aren't we a lovely group?! I think so...well, I think I look large and in charge...but the rest of the group looks beautiful! :)
Dylan (and Shelby for that matter) really enjoyed the new Bumbo seat we received...Shelby was convinced this seat would make a nice potty for Dylan :) Hmmm.....
And below is a sneak peak at the wonderful goodies from my dear friends...check out all the adorable girly stuff! Love it! Thanks, friends! :)

Ok, I know I sound like a broken record lately with all my bragging about my awesome and super wonderful friends...but truly...I just feel so humbled by my friends and their big hearts that I want to shout out to the blog world how blessed I feel by all my buds out there! And I'm not just talking about all the ones who've I've shown pics of lately...I'm talking about all you out there who comment and think about us and pray for us....that goes for you wonderful family members too!

So all that being said I was again blessed by one last "hurrah" celebration before baby arrives. A few of my bestest Bloomy buds took time out of their busy schedules this morning just to spend time hanging out, eating a yummy breakfast and chatting at one of our local cafes (Michaels Uptown Cafe...I've never been there, but it was VERY yummy!). Truly I was just so touched that they all thought enough of me and our new baby to just take that time out of their day and to shower me with love and prayers and support. It was a wonderful time and the food was amazing. I already told Kev we need to go back. The cream brulee' french toast I had was amazing and the omelettes the other ladies ordered looked equally yummy! My dear friend Kim even made a lovely toast to our new baby and our family...most of the girls enjoyed a little mimosa too while mine was just the simple OJ kind :) But, it was such a treat to have an hour or two with friends and to forget about the chaos of preparing for baby, finishing our basement and all the other crazy things life entails lately. I just so enjoyed that time.....and I am truly just humbled by my wonderful friends. I'm not a "quick" friend-maker. It takes me time and it's taken me 6 years to find some good friends in town and I truly just feel so wrapped in their love and support lately. So, thank you to all you dear friends out there...those who pampered me and made me smile this morning and those who make me smile and feel supported all the time (there are just too many to name :)). Thanks to my dear friend Kim who came up with the whole idea of "breakfast out with the girls" and for setting it all up...to all my dear friends for taking the time to meet up and for all the wonderful goodies too that you gave me. I so was not expecting any gifts (nor was I planning on my breakfast being paid for)...but again I am humbled by my friends' big hearts. As you can see from the beautiful gifts, I am again convinced that our girl is gonna be the best dressed baby in the city...maybe even the state :) I just love all the special goodies my friends picked out just for our new daughter......she may, very well, never have to wear one hand-me-down :)

Now if only our girl would make her appearance...that would make this week all the more joyous! :) Today marks my first due date. The one that I calculated when I first found out I was preggers (unfortunatlely ultrasound and now this baby have agreed that this is not going to be delivery-day). But I'm ok with that. I still would like "a few more days" to get organized and ready (I know I sound like a broken record when I say that too! :)). I've decided that I'm having non-nesting issues b/c maybe I don't want this baby here yet (crazy, I know!)...and I think deep down inside if I nest and get all prepared then she'll come. And maybe part of me doesn't want that yet...doesn't want this to be over. It's not that I don't want to meet our daughter, but part of me wants to be pregnant "just one more day". Now don't get me wrong...most other parts of my body want this baby OUT...but the mental part of me just isn't "there" yet :) Maybe the baby knows that and she's waiting 'til I'm ready. Or maybe she knows she still doesn't have a full name...either way...she seems very content to just stay put inside me for a few more weeks :) So...Sept. 10 is almost gone and Sept 15 is fast approaching and so far I'm still very much pg. It's all good...I might not be sleeping at night, but food is starting to agree again and actually I've been starving all day and night so I have an appetite again (yay!). Tomorrow brings with it another OB appt and this time with the doc who usually feels sympathetic to me and sets up an induction date. In the past I've set up inductions with both Shelby and Dylan and went into labor on my own just a few days before. I'm praying that trend continues, which would mean I'd have a baby sometime next week. Wow! I can't even believe I'm saying that.

Anyway...my mind is all a jumble now so I just need to stop thinking about all this. For now I just want to say how blessed I feel...for so many reasons...but today I especially feel blessed by my friends...my wonderful friends near and far. And to my family too....to my mom who is spending lots of quality time with the kids (especially Dylan...he is loving his Nina time!). It's so great to have some extra helping hands in the house in the midst of my exhaustion. So, here's to all you friends and family out there...and to this baby staying put for at least a few more days. It'd be great to go into labor maybe on my due date or any time after! I'll keep ya' posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
So you must be a very sweet and nice woman because all your friends spoil you so much for your children and new baby.
So you must be in a hurry to have your little girl now and from my side, I look your blog each day, hoping to read the BIG NEWS.
I hope you will send me your adress to my own mail I will be so happy to send you a french gift for your new little doll.
Until there, I send you many kisses.
Sorry I appear under anonymous, I have lost one more time my password.
Nathalie from Paris