Monday, November 3, 2008

Forever sick...


...well that seems to be the wonderful destiny of the Steg house lately....sickos galore!

Thankfully this time it's not Ashley (at least not yet)....but it's poor Shelba this time. I had a feeling it was coming on Saturday after we spent an hour at the park and she felt like throwing up (we blamed it on too much twirly fun on the tire swing...but I should have known better). By last night she was complaining of being cold (on one of our warmest Nov. nights on the charts)....and by this morning she had a terrible fever and the pukes :( Ugh! If it's not one thing it's another around here....no rest for the weary, I suppose.....

So, it's been a sad sittin' around day for Shelby (who we all know is not the "sittin' around" type!). She bawled that she had to miss school and bawled again when she couldn't play outside later with all the neighbor kids. I think she mumbled a few times during the day that being sick was "dumb and stupid". While we don't encourage those words we had to agree....it's NO fun being sick :( And she's somewhat delirious tonight and even had an accident in her bed...something that hasn't happened in forever. She is definitely not herself. My poor girl.

And all this happened on the one day I had my 6 week post-partum appt. So, poor Kev had to work from home so I could spend 3 hours at my doc's appt (yes, you read that right). I won't go into detail, but there were some issues with another patient and I ended up waiting that long to be seen. Well, that and the fact that I had my "procedure" done....wasn't expecting to be non-fertile today...but let's just say I am :( :) Not sure how I feel about that and honestly I just feel crappy from the procedure so that has just added to the joy of the day. Ashley was a dream baby for those 3 hours and then she woke up very grumpy and cried for a few hours straight tonight. She too is not back her to her normal self. Her bronciolitis is mostly better, but I can tell it's still there when she coughs and gets really upset (not to mention she unfortunately inherited the reflux of her siblings and is constantly crying and puking). And now Dylan is coughing again (all over her usually). Oh the joy.

Anyway...so it's been a crazy day. And tomorrow could be just as crazy with election day and all the kids off school and us stuck at home with the sick girly. Fun times! :) Anyway....sorry to be a downer, but maybe if I document this we'll get lucky and not have any more sickness the rest of the "sick season"! I'm praying for that! :)

3 comments:

Corie said...

Your poor kiddos (and you poor parents)! Here's hoping Shelby has a feel-better day today and that the rest of the Steg kids stay well. And by the way, your kids get off school for election day?! Wow! That's kind of cool...teaches those kiddos how important voting is, I suppose. Go Bloomy!

Anonymous said...

Oh the magnificent small dancer of Charleston, I like her air so roguish.
I send her many kisses from Paris and I hope she will be OK very soon.
Gros bisous
Xo Xo
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

what procedure did you have done? we're looking into options...