Saturday, November 8, 2008

This too shall pass...

Don't you hate it when you are running late to take your daughter to Nutcracker practice only to find that your husband has the van with the diaper bag in it at Lowes...and you think to yourself...I'll just grab a couple diapers and 1 extra outfit and surely my newborn won't make that much of a mess in an hour and all will be ok...but then not only does your baby do a doozy blow-out poop, but she does it on your shirt....and you have no wipes and no place to change her so you have to change her on the dirty floor with only a plastic bag underneath her...getting poop all over the floor and yourself and the only other clean outfit you have....thankfully the poop smear on the new outfit isn't too noticeable so you go back to sit and chat with the moms only to have this same newborn with horribly bad timing then puke (more like projective vomit) all over yourself, the floor in the ballet dept and then horrifyingly all over some little girl's dance bag. Not a shining mommy/baby day for us....I am whipped! These are days when I force myself to think that maybe, just maybe "someday I will miss all this...."....really???!!! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

o kelly!!! bless your heart.
you are amazing!!! lady di

Anonymous said...

i HATE it when that happens!!!! :) yes, we WILL look back and laugh...one day...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Now THAT is bad!! I actually laughed out loud when I read this... hopefully you'll laugh, too... one day...

Joia said...

I too laughed out loud, through the entire thing! =) Great Mommy story, can't wait till she's old enough for you to tell her this one!

Anonymous said...

Poor Kelly
Some day it's better to stay in bed.
But I am sure that later you will laugh about it.
But you are so funny when you describe the situation.
Xo Xo
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you'll ever laugh about it, but you will certainly say, "Thank God that's over!"

Anonymous said...

I suggest this calls for Kevin to watch Ashley for the next practice!

Candy said...

You poor thing!!! Kevin give the bath that night??? Hope Jeff reads your blog and learns not to run off with the diaper bag!!!
See you end of next month!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh Nooooooo, I must admit I laughed so hard, dad came to see what was so funny!!The way you describe it makes it soooooooooooo REAL, BUT funny!!! haha

I think all Moms have a similar story..it does fade with time and you DO laugh later on! Mine was the QUICK trip...to the drive thru at the bank, Jeff in a diaper and nothing else, me in a lounge around the house type "shift" dress and NO shoes...the car dies in the line at the bank...Jeff poops thru the diaper and I dont have a spare...and I cant go inside the bank since the diaper is overflowing and I have no shoes either...no cell phones; whats a mother to do??? A man pushed my car out of the long line of cars...a sweet lady went inside the bank and called my hubby..it was "one of those days"!!!I am laughing NOW!! :)Love Ya!! Mom

Corie said...

Oh, as hilarious as that is from this side of the computer, I feel for you, friend! So glad you wrote it down. Some day, yes, you will look back and (laugh and) miss it! :o)