The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Monday, August 6, 2012
Trusting...
Hi, My Sweet Friends,
I have a mind full of prayers today, but I think I have to sort them out in my own head before I jot them on "paper". But, if you could just say a big prayer for our family and our baby today, I would really appreciate it. We had our 18 week (anatomical u/s) this afternoon and while almost all of it looked good, I could tell right away when the u/s tech was looking at the brain that something was amiss. Our baby has choroid plexus cysts (CPC's) in both sides of the brain. While this in itself is not a big concern (as they will most likely disappear), at this point in the development it is a "marker" or sign of Trisomy 18 (a chromosomal disorder where most babies are stillborn or only live a couple years). We were told we were at low risk for this just b/c there were no other markers on our u/s that indicated abnormality, but at the same time it is concerning. We had previously declined the AFP blood test which looks for chromosomal abnormalities, but we reconsidered that today with the doctor's urging and had that done after the u/s. We hopefully will get the results by week's end or early next week. This will only tell us if we have more "markers" for concern. We are praying we don't. But, for now we would just welcome prayers. I think most of you can tell by my lack of blogging about this pregnancy that I have really struggled with this baby. Not only physically, but mentally. From day one of finding out about this baby, I didn't know if I'd get to meet him/her due to my subchorionic cyst (which has resolved, by the way)...but with that came a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. I have felt myself just being really disconnected with this baby...it was my way of protecting myself in case I never got to see that sweet face. I was praying with all my heart that this u/s would give me peace. That I could finally relax and envision that baby face in my mind. But, I still feel I can't do that. It is my own fault that I am robbing myself of this final pregnancy joy and I realize that and also my own fault that I not letting God give me peace. I would just covet any prayers for my heart and my sweet baby's health. I know this God's way of saying "trust me"...and I don't do that nearly as often as I should. He just might force me to this time :)
Thanks, my wonderful friends and family for letting me share my heart today....I think I am in the midst of a great faith-growing experience...one that I hope/pray ends in good news and happy new year.
In other news...we did NOT find out gender and the u/s tech was not able to tape our u/s so I could review it at home for guessing purposes. The heart rate was 148 though which is much lower than it was for all my girls....I can't really remember what Dylan's heartrate was....and also, I would love prayers for my heart...I have had some arrhythmias and they are doing an EKG and most likely putting me on a heart monitor too. Never a dull moment :) On a side note, isn't that the cutest 3D pic of our baby above...he/she had hands right up by the face and was moving all around :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬

36 comments:
Will be praying non-stop for you and your sweet baby, Kelly!
Mary(grandmak)
Kelly, We are all praying for your precious family and your sweet baby #5. Lean on God...He will give you strength and peace. We are so proud of you!
Love, John and Lori Corrigan
My very dear Kelly
I pray for you and your baby from the deepest of my heart.
I send you all my best thoughts. Please take care of you, you need to keep your health for your adorable family, they need you. I send you thousand thousand kisses - Your french friend Nathalie
<3 you girl...will be praying and waiting with you. Thanks for updating...I was wondering how you've been. <3
I've been praying for and thinking about you a lot over the past couple of days. I know God has big plans for you and your baby girl or boy, and I know that you will grow spiritually through this entire experience. Still, it doesn't make it easy, I know. When I read that Trisomy 18 is a concern, I thought immediately of another friend whose baby was born with this condition. Her baby girl lived for six hours. She is an amazing example of faith, though, and if it appears that this could be the way things turn out fo you, I would love to put you in contact with her. Love you all and will continue praying for you! Thanks for opening your heart to us so we can know how to pray for you. Love ya! Hang in there! Romans 8:28!!
The baby looks like Dylan :)
The entire Pfeiffer Family is keeping the Stegemoller family in our thoughts and most importantly - our prayers. God has a plan. So easy to know in your heart, but very hard to convince your head. Love to you all.
I agree with Vonna. The baby looks like Dylan.
Hello, My Sweet and Wonderfully Supportive Friends :)
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and even moreso for your prayers. I have truly been so wrapped in comfort and peace for the last week and a half and I know it's b/c of you and how God has just moved in this whole situation. I think this journey of trust and finding peace is something I needed and God has taught me a lot especially in the quiet times when my mind starts to wander and worry. Thanks for lifting our family up and especially our sweet new baby. I still don't know the results of the blood test, but I got word today that it's back and I just need to wait for a phonecall once the doctor reviews it. Again, God is working on my patience as well. :) But I have faith that whatever road this baby will lead us down, God will be there all along the way. And I love Romans 8:28...that's been a verse I've clung to lately...so awesome that you posted that, Cor :) And it's so funny, Vonna, that you think the babe looks like Dylan b/c the first thing out of his mouth when I showed him the u/s pic was "it looks like a boy to me!" :) He sure is hoping to have a bunk mate soon! We'll see.
Love ya'll and thanks for the encouraging words, thoughts and prayers. I'll post something as soon as I know.
Hugs, Kel :)
Post a Comment