The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
About to lose our minds...
Well, this will be a picture-less post today b/c seriously I think Kev and I are about to lose our minds. Not only did our basement flood last night at midnight while we were in the midst of luau birthday party planning, but it also decided to reflood right during the party today. Needless to say that could not have been worse timing b/c the oh-so-fun luau we had planned was way too much on our plates even before this major snafoo. We tried to tackle too many complicated crafts, didn't really have everything planned out well enough and didn't have anyone to really help us (we probably needed 4 extra helping hands...thankfully Hailey and her best bud, Julia, helped out though I'm not sure they were pleased with this arrangement) And the baby who never cries decided to cry the entire party :( It was just not our day. So, this mama is tired...worn out and just about to seriously lose my mind (and to make matters worse, I think Kev is even worse off than me in the losing mind department :(). I think we only slept a few hours last night too so that is not helping. But, on the bright side, I think Shelby has a great time with her friends and the weather was beautiful. She was bummed we didn't get to play all the games we had planned, but that's the life we lead. We never get all we had planned accomplished. I need to learn to stop setting the bar so high! And she did superbly at her violin concert right before the party (note for next time...don't have party right after this!). Anyway...but the BEST news of the day is that now I don't have to throw a birthday party til September! YAY...I love summers for this reason!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
1 comment:
Man Kelly!!! Wish POPS was there to help ya with this leak...where is the water coming from?? Are you sure it doesnt have to do with that toilet off the kitchen???( water going thru the ceiling like when I was there??
I feel so badly for you both..wish I was there to help out! Glad the party is over with and I am sure everyone had a GREAT time!!You will feel better once you get a good nights sleep( like in 2 yrs...haha..a little levity :)xoxo MOM
Post a Comment