Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Odds and Ends of the Week thus far...

 So, here's a quick recap of our week thus far...actually all these pics (but the last one) was taken on Monday...it was our crazy, busy day....Hailey was inducted into the NJHS (National Junior Honor Society) at her middle school.  We are so proud of her....so well rounded and yet so smart and so grounded. (yet, so bummed I had to miss her ceremony...have I mentioned how hard it is getting to two (or more) places at once lately...ugh...down side of tons of kids and a busy lifestyle :))
 While Kev was with Hailey on Monday at her ceremony, I was with Shelb at hers...her bridging ceremony to be exact...she "graduated" from Brownie to Juniors...so happy to be wearing green now instead of brown :)  And, yes, she LOVES big bows/flowers in her hair now...maybe that's b/c I never put them on her as a baby?? lol!
 While the older girls were at their big ceremonies on Monday, D went to soccer....but more importantly he got a note from the principle at school on his rocket math....he was all smiles about this!  It's very impressive for a 1st grader to be doing so well on multiplication. He is our math whiz for sure!
 Ash...she playing mama to 5 butterflies in cocoons.  She looks worried b/c one fell off the top of its lid and we think this means it won't live to be a butterfly :(  She was sad :( :(  We wanted 5 babies to match our 5 babies :)
 Logan...he just spends his days being super cute.  He succeeds greatly at this :)  Though I have to say I am baffled as to where my always-happy baby went. Ever since his shots last week he is crying up a storm. I am holding him now after he screamed for an hour straight.  Poor boy...just breaks my heart :( :(
And above is exactly one year ago today when Ash got a first glimpse of what it was like to be a big sister (after we had our first u/s of Logan).  She actually had no idea what this picture was, but I made her hold it while I took a picture with tears running down my face.  I really thought I was going to miscarry this sweet little baby with its little beating heart.  I called my mom right after this picture was taken b/c I was so beside myself with fear and sadness.  It was then that my faith journey began....and now look at the picture of my sweet boy above...I cherish that he is here crying his head off, b/c a year ago today I really thought I'd never see his face or hear his cry.....God is good....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Dylan, Mr math whiz!!! Thats awesome buddy!! Love all these pics!! The one of Ash made me cry!! She looks so pained!! Thanks for sharing!! Everyone looks awesome and in 2 weeks we get to see the whole Gritter/Steg family!!!!! See ya in Maggie! :)