Happy Dad's Day to the BEST dads I know....first of all to the most incredible dad a girl could ever find to be a father to her kids...my own Kev. It's funny b/c the one thing I immediately told my college friends when I met him back in 1995 was that he'd make a great dad. I think it was on a day that he and I ran together around campus and he was just so patient and so encouraging (which I needed since I was a stinky runner!) I somehow knew that meant he'd be a great father one day...but the crazy thing is that it really never crossed my mind that he'd father my kids :) God must have known that I'd need this patient, giving, wonderful man in my life to not only carry me through the good and bad, but also to parent with me. I know he and I never thought we'd have 5 kids together (and I know I've mentioned numerous times that he was a two-kid kind of father, but I can't imagine not having 5 kids with him...he is just too good of a dad to not have 5!) Thank you to my Kev for standing by my side through the ups and down of all these kiddos and for giving so much for our family (he's even working on Father's Day, which shows how much he sacrifices for this family). He truly is the glue that holds this family together...especially in a year like we've had this last year where I've been so down, so fearful, so tired, so hormonal...he never seems to wear down and is always there to encourage and lift up and pick up my slack. I've always known he was the most wonderful man in this world, but to see him as a father has made me love him even more. I am blessed!
He even puts up with all the crazy things I do to him (and make him wear) :) (last year celebrating his very belated 37th bday in August after Hailey was back from SAB. (yummy cakeball cake :))
And then there's the top Pops and my dear ol' dad. I love this guy so much and can't even put into words how much I appreciate all he's done for me over my 36 years of life. Lots of sacrifices, lots of love, lots of Christian schooling, and lots of crazy humor....he is top dad and Pops in my book and he's a big ol' teddy bear to his 7 grandkids, don't let him fool you with his tough exterior :)
And his grandkids LOVE him....here they are in March in FL at the Bass Pro Shop pointing out their names on the cool Pops7 shirt Candy made for him.
And Kev's dad...he is also a top Poppy and amazing dad. I know this not only b/c I know he's an awesome guy, but b/c he made Kev an awesome husband and father. Kev is so much like his dad with his great patience and calm spirit. So grateful for this patriarch of our family who gives so much.
And there's my crazy lil' bro. It's actually his 34th b-day today on top of Father's Day. He is also one of the best dads I know and I got to see it first hand again last week with his own two kids. Plus he's a great uncle to 9 kids :)
I am blessed beyond measure by all the dad role models in me and my kids' lives. So thankful for each of them and hoping they are having a blessed Father's Day! I'd like to say ours has been fantastic, but we are honestly just beat after 2 weeks of traveling and now packing up to leave again. And poor Kev has to work the next three nights in prep for more time off in NYC. Not great timing for him and not a very relaxing Father's Day. We tried to make him a nice crepe breakfast (one of his favs), but I forgot it needed to sit out for an hour and we didn't get up early so we didn't eat b-fast til after 10am. Add onto that that Ashley broke my favorite ribbon writing plate carrying it around waiting to write a note to daddy on it... I was in tears. It's not something they make anymore and I adored that plate and wrote on it for every occasion. Needless to say she felt terrible too :( Then Shelby spilled Banana smoothie all over our good table as we started to eat. Then Ashley's mysteriously kicked over my last remaining wedding glass (that Kev and I had our first toast with at our reception) and broke it. It was just a "comedy of errors". Lunch didn't go much better. It ended up being an hour late and I messed up on just about everything. Then Kev had to cook his own filet in the rain :( It was not my day...but he did say I get an "A" for effort, so I'll take it :) It was the best I could do since we just got home from vacations and I had no prep time :) But, like Kev said today..."I wouldn't expect it any other way". That's our life...it's full of comedy and lots of errors :) Wouldn't be a normal day w/o it! And I'm glad to spend this comedy of error life with him :) Love you, Kev, and thanks for helping give me 5 kids and vowing to raise them with me through better or worse :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬






2 comments:
Awwww, what a wonderful tribute to all the wonderful men in your life Kelly!! What a beautiful post! If there is one thing you have learned, its to roll with the punches! As we have talked about before, the THINGS matter not in our lives, its people that count! I will keep my eyes open for another one of those plates! I know how much you used it and loved it!! Love Ya, Mom
PS, and YES!!! Kevin, you are an amazing Father, and hubby and everything else!! Like Sue said, if they could clone you there would be alot of happy ladies in this world! KEV, you are a "keeper" !!!!! :) Nina G
Post a Comment