B/c I am left w/o new pics to show you at the moment, I am resorting to old ones...from May...the last day of school to be exact :) This will prob. be how most of my blog posts are b/c it just takes too much effort to keep up to date on everything...and at least posting late pics is better than not posting at all, right? Anyway...here are pics from the final day of school...May 24th...above is the b-fast I made for the middle kids...Hays didn't get anything special b/c she starts an hour earlier and that's just too early for me to be cooking! haha :) She doesn't like pancakes anyway. This was my rendition of creative pancake-ing :) lol! Pretty sad looking, but they thought it was cute :)
The lunchbox goodies I made...pretty corny, I know, but I have done this once a month or so as a fun thing to encourage them at school...
Above is my last day of school surprise for Hays...I thought it was pretty cute and she liked it :)
I love this above pic of my middle girl at field day...love this girl!
Can you tell who is the smiliest guy at school...my guy...love that oldest boy of mine. The big guy in the pic is actually Shelb's teacher....he was running this water balloon game. The kids love field day :)
One of our fav. teachers gave Ash a snowcone...she was pretty happy although she doesn't look like it. Logan just chilled in his stroller....it was actually pretty cool this day...
We had a picnic under the willow tree out back for our lunch....I am gonna miss this pretty tree if we move :(
Ash and I decorated the front door for the kids return on the bus..
I couldn't leave my smallest man out of the treat-dept...so I made him a note for his accomplishment of rolling over the day before for the first time. Maybe in a couple years he can eat it :)
We picked up Hays from her last day of 7th grade....
Surprised her with her candy gram on her lofted bed :)
Then went to greet the bus-goers as they joyfully stepped foot off the bus :)
They loved their goodies we left out on the doorstep...summer surprises for the beach...sadly we never used the sand stuff b/c a tropical storm blew in on the day we planned to build a sand castle :(
5 darling kids...all done with another year of school (all got straight A's!...so proud of them!)....hurray!
This was them back in August on their first day of school...my, how they have grown...and multiplied :)
The driveway chalk creation Ash and I made :)
Our first "summer" walk...Dylan was at a birthday party and Hays was watching a friend's dance recital so it was just the 4 of us (daddy was working that evening...again...ugh)
We made the best of the evening with strawberry shakes...
Ash and I made apple cupcakes...
I am sad I don't get to use this writeable plate anymore and I spent 2 hours this week looking for a replacement in town and no one makes them so I will have to order one...ugh :( Below is D's card to his teacher...she loved it and some of it was very applicable to Dylan (airhead part) :)
So, there's a quick recap of the happenings in our life a few weeks ago. Hard to believe how much has happened since them and we are on vacation number three almost.
Today has been a day full of frustration. Have I mentioned that the kids and shopping do not mix...they do not. The one thing good about shopping is that Logan sleeps in his car seat (he loves his car seat!) so he at least was happy...but the middle three bickered and were semi-out-of-control at the few stores I had to go to and I made a Walmart trek which usually puts me in a bad mood...I don't love that place. But, now I think we are set for NY stuff and now I just need to start the tedious job of packing tomorrow. I love vacations but the pre and post work is just no fun at all...and I am doing both at the same time this time which seems to make it doubly depressing :( Wish me luck!
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬





















2 comments:
Wow Kel! For having 5 kiddos, I'm impressed with all the extra energy you have to create special memories for them all! So creative! They will cherish them always!
Sorry about your plate! Such a bummer! Hope you can find a new one! I think I have one, somewhere, that I've never used!
Good Luck packing! You'll get it done! :)
Loved all the pictures! Thanks for posting!!You are one very busy MOM!! But then I already have seen you in action each visit I make to Indy!You will make it( be ready) by Friday..I have faith in you!!! :) Its Kevin I worry about and his lack of sleep before a 14 hr drive! Be safe Stegemollers! Love Ya, Mom
Post a Comment