I never know what to do for Kev for anniversaries. We don't usually buy each other gifts, but I wanted to do something special since it was #15. So I got this fun idea to buy 15 helium balloons (in the colors of our wedding...navy blue/silver/white) and put 15 wedding pics of us with 15 post-its on the back of things that I love about him :) Kinda cheesy, I know :)
I was gonna copy pics, but then realized I had a whole book of wedding proofs (from back in the day when we had no digital)...so I just used these :)
Ash helped me pick out balloons...unfortunately she fell at the party store and got a black eye :( Can you tell who love balloons and is forlornly looking at them :)
Here's the pics/notes/balloons hanging around our dining room. I love this b/c there's all our wedding pics of just Kev and I and behind them on the wall are the pics of our 5 sweet kiddos :)
I even had a mini-Kev pose as the groom :)
teehee :)
You know I love these candy gram things now...so why not do one for the hubster in honor of our big day :)
Our anniversary treats...15 white choc. covered strawberries, the candy card and the cake :)
You know we love sidewalk chalk creations too :)
The product of 15 years of lovin' :) I love this pic...it was fastest pic ever taken of our kiddos...as we went out the door to meet Kev for dinner...
Shelb was our photographer for the evening....she loves pics from a different perspective...reminds me of Pops in FL a bit :) :)
Someone wants his mama's spicy quesadilla....don't worry, he got a lil' "kick" in his milk later on :)
The whole reason to go to Cheddars...the cookie monster dessert! I think they overcooked it though b/c it wasn't that good. We'll give 'em slack b/c they just opened for business....but next time it'd better be better! It was also free b/c we waited forever for it! Can't complain about free food! I remember indulging in these often at our GR one by Calvin! Yummers!
I remember going to Cheddars back in 1996 with just Kev and I and some friends...now look at us! :)
I wish I had the old pic of us at Cheddars back in 1997 (or was it 1996?) when my mom met Kev in GR...I can't find it. I just remember I was bigger than Kev then and he had a Halloween tie on. But, this is outside ours in Bloomington. So glad they built one so we could frequent it here in town :) Gosh, we look tired...I guess b/c we are! :)
Here's daddy and Ash looking at the pics/post-its...Logan wishing he could grab a balloon :)
The sweet surprise Kev gave me...a new Pandora charm. I LOVE it! It's my new fav on my bracelet...a mini diamond ring :)
The awesome cake Hays made us with the story of our life on it...family pics and kiddo pics...all chosen by her :)
Proof that it is still difficult to get normal looking pics of our fam....but at least photos come with some comic relief :)
Trying to be creative with photos...
But the baby in the fam. loves paper so much, he can't look at the camera :)
Mama thought he was still looking at me...instead I'm the one looking like a crazy person :) Yes, sometimes I mess up my own photographs :)
I think I posted this before, but here we are on the deck with our cake...15 years older than the picture on the cake...a little bigger, a little grayer, a little wrinklier, a little more exhausted, but a lot more happier with the blessings God has given us!
Bliss :)
Crazy Shelb eating the gold frosting flower Hailey made...
D with his baby pic off the cake :)
Ash with her baby pic...
The big and lil' boy taking a "cat" nap :)
And here's hard-working Cake Boss Hays the day before our anniversary making the cake...she loves piping work and is better at it than me (I prefer fondant)
Proud of her rose...we had to watch an episode of Cake Boss to figure out how to do it! :)
Finished product...go, Hays!
Posing with the cake creation that day before...
Aww, the love...
Oh, the craziness...not only of us, but our Shelby (below).... :)
Below is a few sweet cards from friends/family. We got such cute ones this year, I had to take a pic of them :) We also got our first anniversary text from our Besties...love them! :) And my fav. card was from Ash...can you see the pic she drew of Kev and I :) lol!
And one more pic from July (below)...after coming home from NYC...after our quick jaunt to Hoboken, NJ to get an anniversary cake from Carlos' Bakery. It doesn't look like anything special, but I think this was the BEST cake we ever had...it was white mousse inside. Super delicious! And, yes, we can be super corny in the Steg house :)
So, there's a lil' recap of our big day...gosh, 15 years. Honestly seems like yesterday when we were meeting each other in 1995 and dating in 1996 and engaged right after the New Year in 1998...and married that summer. Crazy how time flies, how God provides and blesses. I wouldn't want to tackle the valleys and summits of life with any other guy by my side. He's my soulmate :)





































2 comments:
LOVE this blog!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE The pics!!! What fun times and a tribute to you and Kevin and your marriage and the awesome results...( 5 beautiful FAB kiddos!) :)
I was a great wedding! :)
What an awesome post. Love you dinger bud!
Post a Comment