Do you ever feel like life is a test and you just fail at it.
That's how I feel today.
It's not really been an awful day, but it's just been one where I feel I could sleep it away and be ok with it. No, I'm not depressed or anything like that...but, yes, I am tired. Physically, mentally, spiritually...and any other kind there is. My sweet baby boy has something wrong. We don't know what. These are days I wish he could speak b/c 2 hours of flailing in my arms and absolute screaming last night were just heart breaking. Daddy finally had to take him for a spin around the neighborhood so he'd go to sleep. And he spent the remainder of his morning slumbering in his car seat. The last time I remember doing this sort of thing was with colicky baby Shelby 9 years ago. Awful. These are times where mothering a baby is hard....when you can't seem to console them and they can't tell you what's wrong? Teeth? Poop issues? Ears? Random sickness? No idea. He is just not himself. And I just wanted to cry myself in the midst of this...and then I feel guilty for being so selfish. I think my mastitis has moved to my other side and between a fussy baby (who is choosing to bite rather than eat) and my own pain, I just wanted to cry out "why can't we have a break". I am feeling beat up. It seems we get a day or two of reprieve and then we get knocked down again by something else. I have felt this way for about 18 months now. It's exhausting to never get your head above water...it is almost like we're drowning. I know life is not meant to be easy...but I'd sure like to feel more at peace about things. Right now I feel like I am constantly in wait of "the next thing" that will beat us down. I guess I need to try to be more optimistic, but it's hard on week's like this where I did finally feel things were looking up only to be struck down again....I guess physical exhaustion doesn't help. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I'll feel like at least a D-student in the game of life :) One thing I am grateful for is a husband who has his A-game on. He beats me at the game of Life every day. He's my super hero :)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
3 comments:
All of the things you said here, I've said before. And the common underlying thing behind all of them...being tired! I hope you can get some good, SOLID sleep tonight, and that you'll wake up feeling better about things. I know you didn't post this to get compliments, but you ARE an amazing mama and wife! One day at a time, friend. <3
Thank you Amanda, my sentiments exactly right down to the part about amazing wife and mama...hang in there Kelly, I think half the battle is just knowing its all normal feelings and millions are in the same BOAT!! Keep your eye on the prize..amazing, happy kiddos and a hubby who is by your side in everything!CUT yourself some slack here!!!Love you BUNCHES!!! xoxo Mom
Well, you are both right...I know this. I am my toughest critic...no surprise there. I guess I just want to be honest and put it out there and make this "real". One day my girls (and boys) might be in this situation of parenting and I don't want them thinking I had it all together...though they will probably remember I didn't! haha :) I guess I just want moms out there to know what they see on most "together" moms' exterior probably isn't the whole truth. We all are good at hiding our insecurities :) And no matter how tired I am, I still think I can do it and I expect I should. Not realistic at all. I have been ok lately taking a nap or not getting out of my pj's til noon (today!) :) We all are blessed to have wonderful men by our sides and healthy, happy kiddos. Thanks for reassuring me today, Amanda and mom :) Love you both! And honestly I think of you both every day...Amanda...you inspire me b/c I know you've been raising 5 kids longer than I have and you've survived! :) And mom...you are my great encourager who knows my crazy brain so well (Amanda you do too :)). Love ya' and thank you!!
Post a Comment