Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Packed-Full Weekend


It's only 10pm and I feel like it's 1am.  It's been a weekend jam-packed full of activities and fun (and a little stress....b/c ya' know, what would the Steg life and all we say "yes" to be w/o some stress :)).  These are actually pics from last Sunday at our pumpkin patch run...but they are cute just the same.  Kev got a good one of me and my gang on the hay ride...and then I love my "lil' monster".  He's probably thinking "what's the big deal about these stinkin' orange things?!" :)

Anyway...more pics to come on this weekend's festivities.  Last night we spent the evening at our elem. school's reading "spooktacular" event.  Always annual fun for the kiddos with their teachers reading stories and going through the "body parts" room, doing crafts, seeing friends, etc.  Logan didn't like the spooky stories and it was a little crazing having 4 kids in various areas at a time, but other than that I did ok flying solo with while Kev took over ballet duty.  Today was CRAZY!  We hopped from one thing to the next and made it to a few things with seconds to spare before they started.  Not really how I like to work, but at the end of a very long day it all worked out...stress and all :)  We started off the day running to Shelb's violin recital practice...me and her and Logan.  A lil' stressful in that Logan really wanted to nap, but he faught it big time and instead threw things on the floor the entire recital practice, while I fetched for him :)  Kev and the rest of the gang ran to his cousin's swimming fundraiser (a pancake bfast), then ran Hays to ballet...then we both ran Halloween costume errands....ya' know b/c we couldn't have preplanned any of that a month ago when I asked them to plan it!  Then off to D's last flag football game in the windy frigid cold.  Logan screamed for most of it.  I actually don't think he minded the cold, but didn't like being bundled up.  He might be his daddy's boy in that area :)  D did great though...and I'm kinda sad the season is done.  Then we raced (and I mean raced!) to Shelby's Halloween recital while scarfing down McD's in the van and changing at the same time. She barely made it in time for tuning and we walked in the door to sit down as the lights dimmed.  Phew!  Logan didn't make it through any of it.  He was so tired by this point.  He crawled around on the floor, threw his puffs and did the best he could to let us know he wanted to go :)  It wasn't ideal.  But, Shelb did AWESOME! :)  Nina and Poppy S. were sweet enough to be here for the event even though they just got back from Israel.  They took us out for a quick trip to Red Mango (frozen yogurt) and then picked up Hays from ballet.  Then raced home to throw together our costumes and a very last minute plan for our van to be in the 1st trunk or treat at our church.  What were we thinking?  It would have been smarter to just stay home and chill, but that's not in our Steg mentality (yet!) :)  So off we ran...late for the trunk or treat with our thrown-together spider van plan and our crock pot of chili :)  But, the kids had a ball and somehow it all worked out. Kev even won 2nd place for his chili!  YAY!  Logan's costume gave us all some good laughs b/c we had about 10 guesses as to what he was.  I really didn't think it was that hard to tell, but hopefully on Halloween it'll be more evident :)  Anyway....the evening ended with our van not starting in the church parking lot due to the lights we had going during the 2 hour truck or treat.  Nice.  And now we're all bathed and ready for bed.  So excited about that.  And tomorrow will just be another busy day of running here and there. I suppose I'd not know what to do with myself it it wasn't :)  Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELL!!! I am exhausted just reading all of that!!Moving from one thing to the other all day long makes for a VERY interesting day!! Wait till Logan has his activitires and there are FIVE places to get to!!Holy Smokes, that will be CRAZY!!! :):)
I hate missing the violin recital!! I know how good she is getting and I look forward to hearing her in December! Hope today is not quite as crazy! :) xo Mom