My heart is heavy yet again. Kevin's Grandpa M. in Ohio passed away today. It was not unexpected, but still sad to know a life has ended on this earth. And also sad that it has been a few years since we have seen him. He never met his newest great-grandson. That makes me sad. He raised a great daughter in my mother-in-law and for that I will be forever grateful....b/c she in turn raised a great son who turned out to be my wonderful husband. It is a circle of life. I am grateful to those before us, like this patriarch of one side of our family. I didn't know him well, but the times I did meet and talk to him, I enjoyed. He seemed to have a good sense of humor about him and he always spoke highly of our family. He was even the one that told me last time I saw him when Ashley was a baby, "I think you need another boy to round out the family". He obviously was a wise man b/c I cannot imagine our lives without our final little man. So, today, I mourn the loss of a great man, but I celebrate his life and the family he started that led to ours.
I also lift up the Steg family in prayer as Kev's other grandpa is not doing well either. This could be a very, very sad week for his family.
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
1 comment:
So very sorry Kevin and Kelly, for the loss of a grandpa and a good man, who raised a wonderful daughter
(and family) and lived a long life. I am sorry for Sharon( and Ron) as I know how hard it is to loose a father..may God be with you all as you mourn this loss.. ):
Post a Comment