I think it stinks that sad news sometimes is what forces perspective in life. There seems to be sadness all around me right now. A friend lost a mom to cancer last night, another lost a baby, another is having family trouble. It all weigh on my shoulders. I want peace for my friends, my family. I feel uneasy when this is not the case even though I know it's part of life. But, it does put it into perspective what's really important in life and what truly is not. Little stresses are just not. I kept this in mind today. I let my house go, I let the dishes sit, the fish tank is still green scum, the laundry is a mountain we are climbing over. None of it got done. Instead I spent time with a friend. A sweet new friend who is a lot like me...but who also set stuff aside today, like a not-so-perfect house, and had us over to hang out. It just reminded me of what's most important. People, not things. I know this all too well, but life distracts you sometimes and you forget. I want to be reminded every day. I am reminding myself tonight after a very crazy evening of running from activity to activity (4 to be exact) and feeling very rundown by a baby who needs constant attention today. I need to look at a picture below and be reminded of what's really important in my life. My family, my friends...my healthy children. I am hugging them a little closer tonight.
![]() |

1 comment:
Yep, look at those five beauties, and your wonderful hubby and thank the Lord for HIS bountiful blessings( and I know you do!)...and for your awesome friends who enrich your lives! Sadness happens in our lives, its just part of everyday living..but it still hurts to watch others hurt! You are a good, caring friend( and daughter!)Love Ya, Mom :)
Post a Comment