Sunday, November 3, 2013

Steg "Slow" Days

Why is it that even slow days for the Steg house still equal craziness and so many undone things.  I really had high expectations for relaxation today...especially since it came with an extra hour of "fall back" time and we were all home together as a family.  I guess by now I should know to have NO expectations for anything...even relaxing/extra-hour days.  If you asked what I did today I think I could only tell you, "I went to church!" :)  I have absolutely nothing to show for the day.  The house looks just like the disaster it was this morning, very few chores were done, I think there is still laundry in the washing machine from yesterday, homework didn't get fully done, the things I tried to get done on the computer today were a bust (websites for registrations weren't working) never went outside to enjoy the day today.  I saw some beautiful foliage but didn't have time to really enjoy it...I never read with Ash even though her read-a-thon ended today...we never cleaned the fish tank (poor Bow in his green slime)...and I really just wanted a nap...I almost thought I'd have time to take one.  Never did.  Bummer....

But in the spirit of trying to be positive I am going to make a list (at least in my head) each day of things I did do...so, here's what I'm glad we did do this weekend....

-enjoyed a wonderful night of belated trick-or-treating with our neighbors/friends and a big ol' group of kids on Friday night.  Kids loved hoarding candy and Logan was the hit of the neighborhood with his costume.  People were coming out of their houses to see him and take pics on their phones :)
-we were blessed to serve alongside our church family early Sat. morning at Carefest sorting clothes for Honduras.  The kids did amazing helping and giving of their time.  Even Logan was a lil' trooper volunteer!
-we enjoyed dinner at the lake at our favorite scenic overlook. It was a bit chilly and windy, but the changing leaves were amazing to see.  Such beauty in this autumn season.  My fav. part was watching the kids run around with such abandon.  I think they were actually picking on each other, but if you drowned out the arguing they looked almost like they were having fun :)  I love especially how Logan clung to his Hailey and played on the playset.  He adores her. 
-I love and appreciate how Kev and the kids amuse me with my love for changing leaves and family photos
-I love to be home with my family.  Even though we got nothing done today, it was just nice to all be under one roof and not have to run too many places.  I'd love more days like this and maybe even once not go any where in one day.  I know it's not likely to happen, but there is the occasional snow day that might force us to :)
-I did successfully register D for Upwards bball at our church for the new year (yikes...thinking about January already?) The younger girls have yet to be registered for ice skating...but hopefully that computer bug will be worked out tomorrow.
-D disguised a turkey as Mario.  Yet another 2nd grade project done.  That boy can't focus to save his life.  Next project daddy can hold his hand :)
-we did clean the nasty poopy hamster cage
-Shelb got to have yet another sleepover with a friend...she is the friend-magnet lately...she loves seeing her friends A LOT!
-I was in and out of Kroger in 20 mins.  This is blog-worthy b/c it's so rare...and also b/c I did it w/o any kids with me.  This was my me-time today :)
-Kev and I watched a movie last night...and tonight the kids watched one.  Love movie nights :)

Well, I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's making me feel better to put all that in writing so I feel somewhat accomplished at the end of a weekend.  Tomorrow will be a bit of a crazy day with watching 2-3 extra kiddos and also starting up a new activity (indoor soccer for D).  But, Tuesday should be blissfully quiet with no school due to Election Day.  Can't wait to stay in pj's most of the day. 

No comments: