Sunday, December 8, 2013

All Done!

Well, the big Nutcracker weekend is all said and done :(

A part of me is happy by this.  Now we will have a tad bit more time on our hands.  Another part of me is sad.  There is a certain "high" that comes with a big performance like this.  There are so many emotions that roll through me these days when it comes to Nutcracker...but in the end it all comes down to the fact that being part of a production like this is a true blessing and learning experience. I went through it as a child and I feel very fortunate that my daughter is getting to experience it as well.  It will be something she holds on to forever.  I still remember all the fun I had doing this at her age, and I was certainly not a good dancer like she is :)  At any rate, it was a crazy week last week...an even crazier weekend...but such a fun time being in the midst of it all.  I hope to post pics sometime this week, but just be certain that Hailey danced her heart out and did an amazing job. And those of us that watched her near and far, were so proud of her.  I love how Ash put it today after the performance when asked "what was your favorite part?"...she said, "what Hailey was in!" :)  Amen, Sista!  We love our, Ballerina Hays!

Now this mama is off to bed. It's been a somewhat stressful day running from the Nutcracker to our Live Nativity at church...and this Steg fam needs some rest now.  

No comments: