Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wow!

Wow...a year has gone by since this...here I was...on Christmas morning 2012...thinking I had at least 2 more weeks to go til I met our mystery baby...
After a wonderful Christmas with Kev's fam that afternoon/evening, Kev and I took a nice photo on our stairs before bed...never knowing we wouldn't be getting a nice, restful night's sleep (and hoping that the next day our kiddos could go to Kev's parents for a long weekend so we could get ready for our baby...)
 I remember sleeping for a few hours and waking up to check the weather...there had been a prediction of a blizzard.  We weren't sure if it would be true...it was.  I remember going to the bathroom and heading back to bed and thinking maybe I peed on myself a bit.  I got back up.  A lot more "pee" ran down my leg.  I was in utter denial.  My water had broken. Never had this happen prematurely like this :)  I was begging Kev to tell me it wasn't true. I was begging God. I was not prepared to meet this baby yet. I selfishly wanted my long weekend to prepare. The house was a mess...a disaster.  There was still burnt bacon on our dining room table from a grease fire we'd had that morning...presents scattered everywhere...the normal Steg Christmas mess.  We hadn't picked out a name, hadn't pack our hospital bag...had no call list of friends.  This was not at all at what I planned.  I couldn't even reach my neighbor to tell her I was going to the hospital and leaving my 4 other kids at home alone (she later met me in the front yard...love you, Jill!)...couldn't even reach my parents right away in FL.  Plus, did I mention the weather was bad...
 But we made it to the hospital...with "water" running down my leg....I never did go into labor on my own.  Not sure what sparked my water breaking (stress from Christmas?  Weather related?)....but after about 20 hours induced of labor...I got to meet the sweetest little caboose of our family...
...and life has been a roller coaster ever since :)....in less than 24 hours my baby boy will be ONE.  I am praying we will be in FL then )....and able to enjoy his big day.  I feel so blessed by this sweetie every day.  He is loved beyond measure in our family of 7! :) What a difference a year can make...and how that time has flown!

No comments: