Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Few Fav. FL "snaps" :)

 Here's a lil' post for Nina and Pops...to cheer them up.  Those of you who don't know, there was this freak rainstorm over my grandparent's condo (that my parents and Aunt now own)...and it completely flooded the place in a matter of hours and they are now having to deal with gutting the place and selling it as is.  Very, very sad.  Makes me sick to think of it and I haven't actually seen it and had to deal with it like my parents are having to do.  I wish there was something I could do to help them even from afar.  All I could think of was to post some of my fav. "snaps" from our FL trip...of all the smiles and laughs.  When I am sad, memories of the good times and the happiness of life bring my spirit up. Love you, Mom and Dad...hang in there :) 

Above is probably the funniest part of our FL trip...New Year's Eve...when Nina unknowingly broke her blender making us fruity drinks :)  It was pretty funny how it all went down and how Pops handled the devastating news :)
 I love this bath shot of my 1 year old on his bday night....after all the cake fun was said and done...and he was chilling in the tub letting the chocolate and frosting flow off his body :)  Love this crazy baby so much!
 LOL!  If ever I am sad...my middle girl's funny faces can always bring me a smirk :)  She did like the larakeets at Butterfly World....I think she was just really concentrating on them here :)
 Logan's fav. part of the pool....playing with the big basketball!  Can you tell what word he's saying over and over again!? :)
 Love!  Logan looks like he's the one reading to Great-Grandma and Aunt Mary :)
 Drain fishing.  Don't knock it until you've tried it :)
 Marshmallow bow and arrow.  Big hit!
 Love!  The boys had lots of giggles :)
 Ash adored my cousin, Celyn :)
 Pops the ol' softie....Logan really took to him :) :) :)
 Pops and his oldest granddaughter...they have a special bond :)
 Ash adored Aunt Sue too...they were like old buds even though they had never met before this trip :)
And above is the little girls having a ball in the pool. They are best buds as well.

Love that we could spend so much time like this with our family. It's what makes vacations so special...the time spent with loved ones and the memories made.  It warms my heart and brings smiles to face to think of how blessed we are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing for a sadfaced person like me...): Thanks for boosting my spirits!! Each picture brought a smile to my face and some awesome memories to mind!Oh how we laughed on new Years Eve..gut laughing is good for the soul...and Pops reaction to the death of a 20 dollar blender was was even more priceless..you could never explain it, ya just hadda be there!tehe :)
The kids did have such a good time..playing with cousins is one of the best things in life..wonderful memories! Thanks Kelly for posting these; you knew how that would put a smile on my face and make me think of the important things in life.It just saddens me so to see my parents beautiful place destroyed like this..very very sad...but I will think of all my grandkids smiles and it will play on my heartstrings...Love You my sweet daughter, Mom

Steg state runner Loggy