Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Learing the hard way

Well, the blog has been and will be post-less for awhile. 

Our sweet lil' fam is just going through some tough times.  Trying to re-evaluate what we make important and trying to balance it all.  Because it's just become too much of a rat race for us.  I just about lost my mind on Monday morning.  Lack of sleep had a ton to do with it.  Being up at 4am is not good for me (I'm a very non-morning person!).  But I am not the only one struggling right now.  It's one thing when I'm struggling, but to see my kids and hubby struggling...that's especially not good.  I hate that it has to come to us all having some mental breakdowns for us to make some changes, but I think you know us Stegs--we tend to learn the hard way :)

At any rate...I've had a couple of days to recup the mind and spirit and try to gather more rest...and now it's time to make some major changes.  I need to hold myself accountable to these things too....

1.  Very few (or no more!) playdates for the kids for the next two months.  This doesn't include two parties that I know we will have in the very near future.  But all other playdates at our house are no-go.  And as much as I love to help friends out when they need help with kids, that will also include this.  I hate this, but I have got to have more "me" time and more time with just Ash and Logan during the days.  Ash will be in Kinder in just 5 months...eek!  Plus I have learned recently she is also very much needing some quiet time in the afternoons after her busy mornings.

2.  Less activity on the weekends.  This has got to happen and it's going to be tough saying "no" to good things like church activities and some parties, but this dropping kids off here and there sounds like it's simple, but it's just sucking up our weekends.  If only we had an extra chauffeur in town (like a Nina or Pops). Sigh.

3.  We have got to take more "me" time. I am not just talking about me. Though some time sitting in bed watching movies or napping or soaking in the tub...that sounds lovely!  I'm also talking about Kev.  He needs some more down time. I fear this craziness will put him in an early grave.  And the kids need their down time too.  To just play in their rooms or read or anything....

I know there are many more things to add to this list, but this is where I'm starting.  It's all gonna really have to start with some prayer, because I am so not good at doing all three of these things....and I'm also a people pleaser so I want to help those out who need it and give my kids every opportunity to play with friends and go to activities.  But, being this worn down from all of this is going to put us all in the loony bin.  Praying we can be strong and make some changes b/c ultimately I know a happier/more rested family is a better family :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN.....JUST DO IT!!!!! Praying...xoxoxo Mom

Amanda said...

It will be hard, but stay strong...you WILL see the fruit from this. Praying it's soon. Love you!!!!!!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Thank you, mama and Amanda. I know you guys will be prayer warriors for me...and that's just what this tired mama needs :) Love you guys!!