...I was in labor...I'd been in labor since the day before...about 30 hours...and little did I know I still had 10 more hours to go...
...also little did I know I'd deliver the cutest, crazy dark-haired little St. Patty's Day daughter. We really anticipated we'd have an Alexander or a Nicholas on our hands (funny how those names never even panned out for our real sons :)). I still remember sitting in that Grand Rapids delivery room waiting for our 1st Baby Stegs to arrive...wondering what kind of parents Kev and I would make...wondering what our child would look like, what he/she would become. And now all these years have gone by in the blink of an eye...she's become this beautiful, intelligent, confident, fun(ny), talented and independent young woman...someone I admire so incredibly much for her drive and her sweet nature and for the ways she uses her God-given talents and abilities. When I was in labor all those years ago I never dreamed God would bless us with such an incredible child. Happy Almost 14th to our Hailey Nicole.
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
2 comments:
Happy Birthday my beautiful sweet Hailey girl!! I was there thru your Moms labor and THAT was NOT fun!! Your poor parents were exhausted but of course it was WELL WORTH IT when you arrived!! Such a gorgeous baby and TONS of hair!! I have never seen a baby with that much hair!You were even mellow back then..just a fortaste of your beautiful nature and sweetness! I simply cannot believe you are 14!!! Have a wonderful day!! Love Ya, Nina( and Pops too!)xoxox
Happy Birthday Hailey! I remember when I first got you meet you at the hospital! You were such a cutie pie. Love sharing a birthday with you! It has been such a joy watching you grow up. Love you!
Aunt Ann
Post a Comment