Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fair fun and a H.S. kinda night

 Well, it was another "hop from one thing to another kinda day".  I'm not sure if I've said this yet, but it woulda been nice to have at least another week to prep for school.  Just not enough time in one week to get ready!  But, we are squeezing it all in in our crazy Steg fast pace!  We hate to miss our county fair so off we went today....it was the ONLY day we could fit it in this week so we gave ourselves 2 hours in between ballet and freshman orientation.  Note to self: 2 hours is not enough time.  But at least we went.  BEST part of the fair hands down was Dylan in the fun house mirror room. I swear he's the smartest boy I know but he lacks some common sense at times. This allowed for some laughs in the mirror area where he not once but twice smacked head first into the walls!  We weren't even in the fun house and we could hear it.  We (and the guy in charge) were in hysterics.  It was pretty funny!  He also has hands-down the best face on fun rides!  Ashley won the award for freaking out.  She couldn't get out of the one fun house and flipped out.  Then she looked like she might vomit on the ship ride.  Logan had the happiest face of all on the big slide.  It was a fun fair day, but too rushed....and we didn't get all the yummy food we like to get.  Bummer :(
 B/c it was off to BHSS Freshman orientation.  Sorry for all the sideways pics....but I had to take and post a few b/c I know she won't let me set foot in here on Monday and embarrass her with pics :)  I prob. should have made her wear something more presentable, but instead we look like a ballerina who's just been to the fair :)  Go, Panthers!
 As is Steg style we took the whole fam.  I'm sure Hailey loved this.  Logan loved the many stairs at South.  Kev assured me he only feel down them twice. :)
 Waiting for the "exciting" slideshow to end :)  Like father like son :)
 Then we did a run-through of Hailey's schedule through the three confusing floors of the high school.  Hailey was probably really loving us all slowing her down. :)  Man, would I be lost if I was her.  FLCS and it's one hall high school is nothing compared to this!
 You can probably see who had his own schedule to run-through :)
 Then it was a trial run of the ol' locker!  Everyone was a little worried at first that our smarty pants might not break the code...
 ahhh...sweet success!  Even she looks proud of herself! :)  Nina might want to shut her eyes for the next 3 pics...
 The sibs thought it a perfect opportunity to see how fun it is to squeeze in the locker! D was first!
 Then Shelb!  I think it was scarier than she thought, esp. since Hays is not real quick with the combo yet!
 Ash was brave too...she's gotta be like her sibs!
 The proud locker conqueror!
 My Freshman :)
 And her massive school...
 It really is a beautiful building...
I think it almost looks like a mall minus the shopping inside :)  I have lots more to share about h.s. and my thoughts, but most of those I am going to keep to myself.  But for the moment and for this year, I wish my girl all the best...and pray she enjoys every moment and learns a ton.  I'm very proud of her as she enters this new phase of life.  I'm not sure how this young mama is old enough to have a 9th grader (somedays I still feel like one myself! :))...but like it or not, my baby is growing up.  Go, Panther, Hays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go with the locker combo HAYS!!! Glad it was NOT me inside the locker!NEVER would I try THAT!!! You sibs are VERY trusting, thats for sure! Have fun in high school
Hailey!! I have been there before for a recital for Shelby so I KNOW how beautiful the building is!!Enjoy your first year being a high schooler!! Love Ya, Nina...PS, loved hearing about the kiddos at the fair! 2 hrs is for sure too little time for such a fun place! And the food is VERY important!! :)

Amanda said...

Cannot believe our babies are going to HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!! :( :( :(