Well, I admit that I did my fair share of fretting the last few days...and it came to a peak yesterday. I was near tears a couple times. Lots of phonecalls, lots of prayers, lots of advice....and then I settled down for the night and opened up my devotional and read this for July 15. I am pretty sure God was trying to say something to me....what a great reminder of His Awesomeness!
So it was meant to be a quiet day today for our lil' Steg fam. We've had lots of playdates, lots of busyness, lots of big decisions to make. I needed a down day. Not quite sure we succeeded, but we did try. Shelby spent most of the day at one of her best bud's homes...making American Girl food out of dough...and making really cute drinks out of communion cups. I will have to take more pics b/c those are drying at her friend's house. But everything was super, super cute. I dare say Shelby and Maya could go into AG food business!
My sweet Ash fell off her bike pretty bad for the first time today. It actually was not her fault at all...her bike riding bro ran into her. She scraped herself up a bit, but she was very brave. Brings back memories of my first fall right before Kinder. Thankfully hers didn't leave a huge mark like mine did! :) D also fell off his bike hours before her, riding in the backyard. He was pretty hysterical but tried to be brave. His words were "I just flipped over my bike" Poor kids. Part of the bike riding adventure I guess!
Dyl and Lo...they are BEST buds lately. It's seriously the cutest. Dylan will be sitting playing and Logan will sit as close as he can to him (sometimes ON him) just to be near him. I love that my boys can be buds even though they are 7 years apart in age.
haha....what kind of look is that on Logan's face? All I can say is that he looks like Kev here and Ash looks like me :)
And my Log getting a bath after peeing all over the floor :) He had a bit of rough day being at the peds off for his 18 month check. He screamed for most of it and this was before his 2 shots. You can imagine his demeanor after that! haha :) We were reassured by the doc that he should be out of his terrible twos by the time he's two?? Really?? Is that how that works now? At any rate, he's doing well...speaking a lot and growing well (28 3/4lbs--I think he weighs 30 but he was hysterical so we took what we could get, 34.5in tall (tallllll Steg genes), 48.5 head) Can't believe he's getting so big!
So, I'm praying tomorrow will be the day of peace I hoped for b/c today was really not at all that!
(P.S. A week from tomorrow we'll be back in NYC...how can that be that 5 weeks has gone by in less than the blink of an eye??? It's crazy! I am ready to see my Hays, yet sad to see her leave the place that has been so good to her for yet another summer. I almost pray the school year goes by in the blink of an eye too...I like summers too much to have them gone so quickly. Can't wait to see you soon, Hays!)
The wonderful, yet often hairpulling life story of a stay-at-home mom of five cuties (Hailey, Shelby, Dylan, Ashley & Logan) and the journey through life raising our family with the best hubby around (love you, Kevin), and enjoying the blessings God provides to us daily while trying to keep it all in perspective when bumps in the road arise!
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Well, these pics are long overdue...they are from the IN State Fair almost a month ago...but better late than never...I know my mom especial...
-
...school is back in session. Pinch me now. Where in the world did our summer go? Obviously we left it in the dust and now it's back ...
-
Why not take on a new instrument today?! 😬
No comments:
Post a Comment