Saturday, September 20, 2014

Another Crazy Saturday!

 Just a little view into a small portion of our day today....it started out taking Shelby to her One Girl (church conference that was last night and all day today)...I took a pic, but it's on my camera....then we walked across the driveway and watched Ash and Dyl play their first Upwards Soccer games of the year....they did awesome and hustled a lot.  Ashley's team got beat, but it was nice of the other team to score a goal for them!  Dylan's team creamed the other team.  I know you're not supposed to keep track of the score in Upwards, but let's be honest...that's what sports is all about! haha :)
 Hays raced off to our HOC (Hoosiers Outrun Cancer) run...she did this honor of our family members who have had cancer and also her mentor, Doricha, who's mother passed away from cancer. 
 It was a small group this year from ballet, but she still had fun...here she is toasting Doricha, I think. I don't really know...Kev did a lot of the taxiing for me...I appreciated that.  Hays also had Nutcracker auditions...we'll see how those turned out later in the week.  We had three birthday parties to go to....ugh...this is a crazy party time of year, especially this weekend...four parties in one weekend...ugh.  I guess everyone has babies in Sept!  Thankfully I didn't go to one of them...Kev did all party duty today, which saved me from socializing and fending off question about shingles.
 I did Ashley's cake this afternoon....
She was pretty excited about a double cake...not too shabby for a mama who is sick...not only with icky shingles...but now a chest cold.  Last day of being 5 for our sweet baby girl! 

Off to bed for this sick mama. I hope the chills I am having pass over night, so I can enjoy the bday girl's big day tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, love the cakes and my sweet smiling Ashley! Way to go Hailey, running in honor of those who have died from cancer( her great great grandma Dean died from breast/lung cancer..)and of course in honor of her mentor Doricha whose Mom died from cancer too...and I know how much Hailey misses her teacher who now lives in Florida ):
Cant wait to hear about Nutcracker tryouts...have a nice Sunday/birthday Ashley and Steg family! Happy 6th Birthday Asher!Enjoy your shopping trip to Target!! :):)Love, Nina and Pops!

Candy said...

LOVE THE CAKES!!!!