Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oh, the insanity :)

Well, I wish I had an nifty phone to post pics....to prove the insanity of our evenings....but trust me...things are nutty.  Aunt Sue can vouch for that!  She has been my co-pilot...thank goodness for her!

Shelby--she started up fall violin...Aunt Sue and I both commented last night in her group class that we even learned something new about music!  Not only is she back at IU, but she started strings at school in the mornings (twice a week).  She was even put in the upper level class due to her awesome violin ability!  This was a great boost to her confidence.  Apparently people at school think she is an awesome violinist.  She loves being awesome at something. I'm proud of her. She works very hard at playing.  So, way to go, Shelby...4 classes of violin this week.  That's a lot for a 10 year old!  She is heading off to camp for the entire weekend with Girl Scouts. Go, Shelb!

Hays--back at ballet--every-single-day!  I know she loves to be back at it. She hates her "ballet vacations"...b/c she loves to be at IU (it's maybe better than her own home?)...and even though her mentor is gone and that is so sad...she does still love her ballet family.  They are all in this "year of change" together.  H.S. is going well...I hate to say this and jinx things, but it's been very easy for her...easier than middle school and maybe on par with elem. school?  Really?  I thought H.S. would be a step up!  Maybe this will change.  I hope so.  Not that I'm praying for difficulty.  She did join two clubs this week and have two after school meetings...yay for Diversity Club and Key Club.  She's also very plugged in at school with volunteering and youth group.

Dyl--finally back at his activity...soccer.  He started tonight.  We are just doing the simple Upwards program at church. I am sure it will be an uplifting and positive experience b/c honestly Dylan is so easy going and fun-loving. But I am sorta bummed I didn't put him in a more competitive program.  He is paired with mostly 1st graders and he is by far the biggest kid out there.  He doesn't seem to mind though. His coach is great and I know he'll have fun even if he's not challenged.  He is loving school...always loving school.  He's my easiest homework guy...he reminds me of Hailey. 

Asher--doing something new this week...Poms.  I really resisted doing this, but our friends were helping run it and it's a one-time (1-week) thing at Hailey's HS.  Ash LOVES it!  Very cheer-like and she has begged to do cheerleading. So she has practice almost every day for it and the big show is at the football game tomorrow night.  She dances to Frozen's "Let It Go"...could it get any better than that??  Well, actually it could...she had 3 other friends doing it and one of Hays fav. friends is teaching her!  She is pretty excited!  She also started Girl Scouts (Daisies) today at our school.  She seemed nervous/shy at first, but she has a couple friends in it, so it ended up great!  Never had two in girl scouts at once so say a prayer for me in Jan. when I have to sell double the amount of GS cookies! :(  Ash also starts Upward Soccer on Saturday with two of her best buds.  We'll see how that goes. I am sad she gave up ballet for now, but I have a feeling she'll go back!  Kindergarten is going splendidly. She is one of the most well behaved in the class and a social butterfly.  She has 4 best friends.  Can you see the trend in all this...best buds in everything she does!  She loves to be surrounded by friends!  I cannot believe my girl will be SIX in just a few weeks!

Loggy---crazy boy :)  He loves his Auntie Susie being here. He piled every ball he owned on her lap today...well, at least a dozen.  And he runs to her for snuggles and support when he's upset.  He has found a new best bud.  He has been super cranky today and extra screamy. We are blaming it on those toofers coming in.  Darn teeth!  He's my buddy boy though and I love him.

Loving having my Aunt Sue here and so happy she found the perfect condo today!  Fingers crossed that by October she can be our "down the road neighbor"! :)  The kids are sooo excited!!

No comments: